Pre-match thread

roonst83

Feeling annoyed after City. Everton will be a tough test for Sherwood. They will let us have the ball more and try get us on their break. Sherwood will probably set us up to go right at them as he did against Stoke and Swansea. We have a problem at home against the teams with nothing to play for. Can't see us winning this. Everton always do us at VP. Martinez always seems to do well against us.

Prove me wrong Tim.

Hopefully Man u smash them today. Although we're playing well I can't see us winning this one. 1-1 draw at best. If not a pathetic 0-1 last minute loss. Could see this going very much like the Swansea game

Edited by Arj Guy

When did we last beat these at home? 2010 when Luke Young scored the winner under kmac?

With Sinclair and gabby back will zog and Grealish drop out?

Doubtful Grealish will. Can see us reverting to the QPR up. Both Charlie and Sinclair on the bench.

This is still one of my favourite games of all time and i still have the programme, signed by God at New Street after the game    :D

More on Saturday please vicar!

Edited by Kingman

With Leicester and Hull both having great results yesterday, a point for either in midweek in their games in hand will see them go above us.

Its getting tight down there and whilst the Burnley game is a cushion, we desperately need 6 points out of our next 3 games. Dropping that point yesterday has cranked up the pressure right back on us.

I hope we can continue playing with the flair and belief shown in recent games-If we can do so, we are a match for anyone in the division, as Man City, Liverpool & Spurs will confirm.

It will be interesting to see what Everton turn up. They were dire not so long ago but seem to have turned a corner recently.

When did we last beat these at home? 2010 when Luke Young scored the winner under kmac?

With Sinclair and gabby back will zog and Grealish drop out?

Doubtful Grealish will. Can see us reverting to the QPR up. Both Charlie and Sinclair on the bench.

with the age and (lack of) pace in the everton side id put sinclair and gabby in, neither grealish or zog deserve to be dropped but i think we`d be better suited to the long ball, benteke knock down and gabby sinclair running in behind route myself

cissokho has to start to stop lennon

Everton are 2-0 up against the Red Manc's as I type this, and fairly so.

This certainly won't be a walk in the Villa Park for us, Everton will score and I think it will be a case of us just having to outscore them. I do think this will be a fairly high scoring game as our defence is massively error prone and as Jimzk5 rightly said above, Everton lack any real pace throughout their team which should allow us to bomb right through them.

3-3 draw, or another 3-2... not sure which team will get the win though.

Edited by Chewie

Everton are 2-0 up against the Red Manc's as I type this, and fairly so.

This certainly won't be a walk in the Villa Park for us, Everton will score and I think it will be a case of us just having to outscore them. I do think this will be a fairly high scoring game as our defence is massively error prone and as Jimzk5 rightly said above, Everton lack any real pace throughout their team which should allow us to bomb right through them.

3-3 draw, or another 3-2... not sure which team will get the win though.

Not got their flip-flops on just yet then!

Haven't a clue how this game will go.

Everton usually start strong and then fizzle out during a season. This year they seem to be doing the opposite and with players such as Lukaku, Mirallas, Barkley and Osman they have plenty of match-winners in their team plus a healthy recent record against us.

Will their good form mean they continue as they left off today or will it mean they take their foot off the gas?

The pressure is on us and I hope we can continue this level of performance. The pessimist in me keeps thinking that we've played very well for 3 games in a row now, surely we're due a bad game? But the problem is we cannot afford one.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster, a loss would. But we HAVE to go for the win. Nervous already!

They aren't a team who have nothing to play for. They know it's been an unacceptable season for the most part and they seem determined to restore some respectability to it. You could see that in the reaction of the manager and players at full-time.