Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Guess it's time for this thread again - seeing as the one last year was opened in March.

Linked with Diego from Fenerbache today in The Metro (blacklisted so couldn't start a thread about it)

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/13/aston-villa-cleared-to-make-transfer-bid-for-fenerbache-midfielder-diego-5148535/

Aston Villa’s hopes of signing play-maker Diego have taken a significant step forward after the Brazilian’s father reportedly confirmed that he is keen on a summer move.

Diego, 30, had made 17 appearances for Fenerbahçe this season, having signed from La Liga champions Atlético Madrid, but his father’s comments could open the door for a move to Villa Park.

According to Turkish outlet Milliyet, the player’s father said: ‘Diego has a few problems with the staff, he is not being played a lot and is not really all that happy so he could leave Turkey at the end of the season.’

Villa are understood to be interested in bringing the former Porto and Werder Bremen ace to England, and a small transfer fee would be expected given Diego’s willingness to leave Turkey.

Everton are also thought to be tracking the midfielder, however, meaning a transfer battle between the two Premier League clubs could be set to unfold.

Nothing pertinent there but imagine signing him - that'd be the most exciting signing we'd made in years, for me.

Diego would be fantastic, but I imagine he is on ridiculous wages. 

Hopefully Bent'll go, which will free up a big wedge. More than enough to get Diego's contract sorted, I'd imagine.

I don't think it'll happen but it'd be great if it did.

Sinclair & Cleverly for me anyway think both have been great under Sherwood, still think we need a powerhouse CM who can bully the opposition. Thankfully I think this summer is about getting better players in as opposed to filing holes in the squad. 

Even with a change of manager, I wouldn't want us to veer massively from our transfer policy under Lambert and Paddy whatshisface. Young and hungry that we can sell for a profit, that's the only way of improving under FFP really.

we tried that and failed miserably. rather get better players and then sell them on for  aprofit

Even with a change of manager, I wouldn't want us to veer massively from our transfer policy under Lambert and Paddy whatshisface. Young and hungry that we can sell for a profit, that's the only way of improving under FFP really.

we tried that and failed miserably. rather get better players and then sell them on for  aprofit

If we dont get new owners I'd like Cleverly and Sinclair & 3 £5m signings, young & hungry again. When we've splash a bit of cash we've done very well. Benteke, Okore, Vlaar, Kozak.

I'd like us to keep Sinclair and Cleverly (although I think we will only get one) we need a Vlaar replacement as well - beyond that - unless something ridiculous comes up (like Diego above) I think it will be a quiet one.

Although given that Sherwood has never bought a player as a manager so anything could happen.