Italy v England

andykeenan

What's up with Conte aswell, death threats because Marchiso got injured in training?!

The situation there a bit odd in general though - Italy's doctors diagnosed him as having torn his knee ligaments and would be out for 8 months.

Went back to Juventus and their doctors said that he was fine and would probably be playing against Empoli at the weekend. 

Two below strength teams playing in a game that the associations care about more than the players. Win, lose or draw I wouldn't read too much into the result.

The result isn't important but it will be a useful workout at international level for the newer members of the team. And its always nice to beat Italy whether it be in a competition or a friendly. 

yeah but according to Lawro, England only struggled against Italy last time as English Pirlo wasnt playing that night. 

So Carrick can show his worth tonight finally

Edited by Zatman

used some bad examples at the bottom but the point remains valid (apart from carroll, he's still amazingly hyped up now still)

11079627_1365907640116115_34735623976043

Not a single one of those players had achieved anything like what Kane has this season.

Also I'm sure that every country can find a list of a dozen or so players who never quite reached their full potential over the last ten years or so. 

used some bad examples at the bottom but the point remains valid (apart from carroll, he's still amazingly hyped up now still)

Not a single one of those players had achieved anything like what Kane has this season.

you're looking at that picture the wrong way, it's not that those players were never any good at one stage, the point is that the media will keep feeding the hype until that balloon goes bang, the balloon can never be big enough for our media

Use a different example, andros Townsend, was ok at best, not a lot of us here rated him but he showed a bit of form and got called up, scored some goals played ok, got blown way out of proportion by the media, now he's dropped down to being shit

Just let the lads play football, that yellow card Delph got followed by the wave of "he shouldn't be there" might be the best thing that could happen to him, some excellent England performance gone under the radar (lesser example would be Milner pretty his whole career)

The weight of Kane's shoulders tonight is ridiculous already, no need for it

I get what you mean, but I think overall we're a pretty football-mad country, people care passionately about these things so we're prone to over-dramatising. I get that it's probably not helpful on some level, but are we really worse for it than other big footballing nations? Complaints about 'the media' always seem a bit soft to me. 

dont know in comparison in the 1st full Premier League season like Kane

Darren Bent 18 goals for Charlton 

Carroll 11 goals in 20 games for newly promoted team then bought for 35 million

Kane has 19 in 26 appearances. So far.

You're just helping to prove my point there.

villa4europe - no I think I got it. If the point was what you are suggesting why not use players that made it but were STILL not quite "good enough" for the media? Players like Beckham, Rooney, Cole?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Â