English Club Rankings

villa4europe

The daily mail have tried to rank english football clubs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011776/Are-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-biggest-club-Sportsmail-s-study-finally-settles-football-s-great-debate.html

26FCDFFF00000578-3011776-image-a-3_14273

no doubt liverpool fans wont be happy but for us i think thats about right, they've taken charity shields off the trophies which means we are higher than chelsea and everton, the only complaint might be they've used historical data for everything else but im assuming they've based the crowds and the income on the current season, the income is the deloitte rankings from what i can see

dunno, i thought liverpool were huge in the likes of malaysia and thailand, not sure about the newer fanbases such as america and china

liverpool are also behind us for crowds

Edited by villa4europe

Having just sat and read the article properly, it's massively floored (as I expected), and basically the comments section is just a pissing contest. The "player quality" criteria is a crock of shit for a start. Interesting idea though, and can't fault them for trying. Plus it's a good way for them to get traffic on their website, and rake in the advertising money!

I don't get it, how can Everton, Villa and spurs be ahead of Liverpool on crowds. Of course its from the beginning of the football league then its very probable as Liverpool were a nobody until the 60s and Shankly

edit.. Just read the article, they have done it from the beginning of the football league so that figures. Villa were the biggest club around in Victorian times. 

Edited by PaulC

At first glance it seems about right.

But if it's from the inception of the football league then I don't think man City and Chelsea should be so high.

On current status they should, but not if you're looking at history as a whole.

Erm, how are Man City and Chelsea ranked higher than Arsenal for crowds?

All time highest crowd was a factor, so remember that gate of 84500 City got in 1934? Me either and it's unlikely anybody who attended the game that day is still alive but it means City beat Arsenal on the attendance rankings. 

Are Newcastle really 7th in crowds too?

Weird stat. Is it even a stat?

Jawdee Nation.

Sell out every week.

500,000,000 season ticket holders! Take 600,000,000 fans to every away game, and 700,000,000 jus' gan fer tha crack! TOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! etc.

• Like 2

not for one minute do Southampton, Stoke, Charlton, West Brom or Norwich have a better global fanbase than Leeds

True that,i know lots of leeds fans here in sweden but i dont know anyone who support Stoke,charlton,west brom or norwich

The only stat that truly matters is trophies. All the rest is pointless.

One of the comments on that article states, half our trophies don't count, as we won them before football was a "proper sport". 

Â