Everyday lessons from life

CrackpotForeigner

This thread is a mighty weapon that, in the right hands, has the potential to spare countless thousands of VT users from making costly mistakes.

For my example to kick things off:

The latest air crash (tragic though it is) has finally taught me that watching more than five minutes of a news channel is a waste of time after a plane has gone down. You can learn all the facts in five minutes, and the remaining 23 hours, 55 minutes of every 24 is for those who like buckets of journalistic pathos.

Make note of this fact and you will have more time to have sex, tidy your shed (if you have one), or simply to watch something else on the telebox.

If you go away on a football trip, try to give your wife an accurate return time.

Don't tell her you'll be back on Thursday, and then get back on Saturday.

Turns out they don't like that.

• Like 1

If you see something that looks like a turd on the bottom of a swimming pool, don't poke at it with your toe. It almost certainly is a turd.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 3

one I learnt recently was if a cocktail has the byline " One is enough" don't be clever and have 3 of them * ....i'm 45 and really should have grown out of having to be carried back to the hotel  , on the plus side i can tick off puking over a national landmark in Kiev off my to do list  :) same trip I also learnt that just becuase a bottle of wine has an amusing name  "Bastardo" doens't mean you should buy a bottle and drink it ...

* tbf the 3 would probably have been ok , without the other 27 I had with them

When trapped in a confined space with a member of the opposite sex, you not are required to repopulate the earth.

Additionally, suggesting as much makes you look bad. Even more so if you've only been stuck for about 15 seconds.

• Like 3

This thread is a mighty weapon that, in the right hands, has the potential to spare countless thousands of VT users from making costly mistakes.

For my example to kick things off:

The latest air crash (tragic though it is) has finally taught me that watching more than five minutes of a news channel is a waste of time after a plane has gone down. You can learn all the facts in five minutes, and the remaining 23 hours, 55 minutes of every 24 is for those who like buckets of journalistic pathos.

Make note of this fact and you will have more time to have sex, tidy your shed (if you have one), or simply to watch something else on the telebox.

CNN in the States went off the deep end in covering the missing plane in Asia. Anchormen playing with model airplanes on air was the embarrassing low point, I think. CNN is almost a big a joke as FOX.

Edited by maqroll

If you see something that looks like a turd on the bottom of a swimming pool, don't poke at it with your toe. It almost certainly is a turd.

Mwipcf.gif

Finally found a good use for this gif

• Like 1

If you are on a ferris wheel with a first date and start to feel queasy, don't catch your vomit and try to shovel it all back into your mouth and swallow it, because you'll just start vomiting more. A friend of mine did that, poor kid. Never had any luck with girls, but he finally got a date and she was really attractive too. She wasn't the understanding type though. 

A few years back I was sitting at my desk at work and I could feel a huge bogey up my honker. It was tickling so I kept rubbing my nose until I thought I'd best go to the toilet to sort this out.

On the way the there I had a few quick chats with people I bumped into, including two good looking gals.

When I finally managed to look in the mirror, I immediately saw the bogey (which was about the size of a pea) sat proudly on the knot of my tie.

Â