Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

Hi there folks. 

Sorry for hijacking this thread only I can't start a new one, not even in the welcome forum bit. At least this thread has some relevance though. Anyway, why I'm here....

I'm a Swindon fan and as you may know, Tim Sherwood is close friends with Lee Power, the owner of STFC. When Sherwood was at Spurs he sent us some of their youngsters which turned out very well for both parties, Ryan Mason in particular (we had him on loan last season). With Sherwood now your manager it is quite likely that we will see some of your young talent headed our way next season. So, I was just wondering who you think you might be sending our way and what you could tell me about them. 

Oh, and congratulations on reaching the cup final. 

Moonraker, we've got a young centre back or left back that is called Easah Suliman, he's 17 and he's captained England at u17 level, he's probably a bit young to be loaned out though. Beyond that, there isn't much else at the minute, although I'm sure there'll be more

• Like 1

Yeah, 17 probably is a bit young. 

Hopefully you do have some good, young talent as I'm sure Sherwood would be happy to send them our way especially if we are in the Championship next season. Our recent track record of developing young players has been excellent. :)

Hi there folks. 

Sorry for hijacking this thread only I can't start a new one, not even in the welcome forum bit. At least this thread has some relevance though. Anyway, why I'm here....

I'm a Swindon fan and as you may know, Tim Sherwood is close friends with Lee Power, the owner of STFC. When Sherwood was at Spurs he sent us some of their youngsters which turned out very well for both parties, Ryan Mason in particular (we had him on loan last season). With Sherwood now your manager it is quite likely that we will see some of your young talent headed our way next season. So, I was just wondering who you think you might be sending our way and what you could tell me about them. 

Oh, and congratulations on reaching the cup final. 

Moonraker, we've got a young centre back or left back that is called Easah Suliman, he's 17 and he's captained England at u17 level, he's probably a bit young to be loaned out though. Beyond that, there isn't much else at the minute, although I'm sure there'll be more

Andre Green or Ricardo Calder would be good!! Obviously RHM in a year or so's time as well as Suliman

• 1 month later...

loan is a best option. we have kept too many young players around the squad that if they arent getting used its wasting their development. Look at Fonz who was sitting on the bench and never getting on which hindered his progress

loan is a best option. we have kept too many young players around the squad that if they arent getting used its wasting their development. Look at Fonz who was sitting on the bench and never getting on which hindered his progress

Agreed, but sherwood does seen to like youth players so he may give them more game time. Under mon and lambert fonz and a few others were kept but never played

Agreed, but sherwood does seen to like youth players so he may give them more game time. Under mon and lambert fonz and a few others were kept but never played

Exactly right, and I don't think they were coached into being better people and not better players, especially under Lambo...though he hated our academy.

Fonz thought he'd made it when he hit the post, a lot of comment afterwards exampled him stepping off the development gas, perhaps some more games and firm conversation would've given him a shot at improving instead of dwindling like he has.

Again and again we have passed over youngsters but this time it will be different, hopefully Sherwoods divisive personality can be dampened and the less Sherwood like players can be stuck with and progressed instead of ignored. Either way if you give enough in training Sherwood looks like he'll back you, that has to be a good sign, though sadly not for DJ, long live Senor Murphy.

agree with both but RHM is still just 16 as well so maybe keep him around the squad for 6 months and if not getting enough game time a 6 month loan could be good for him.

• Like 1

Agreed, he needs games at his age, he's too good for u18s football, he needs a loan, delfouneso was mismanaged in my opinion, should've been loaned out sooner, still hasn't got a club

Â