Bizarre Android/Xperia z3 Problem

DeadlyDirk

This relates to a Z3.

From Friday onwards the phone has been regularly losing it's Network Connection, however a simple reboot of the phone seemed to rectify the problems I have been having. On further inspection it seems the actual Mobile Data aspect of the device is working fine however there seems to be no coverage for Voice calls or SMS, I've tried sending and receiving text messages, phone calls, you name it I've tried it and none of it has work. I've made sure that I have turned Wi Fi off, which i have as the phone seems to be fine when browsing the internet, using Facebook or Twitter.

I have gone into Settings and tried to re-register it to the correct Network that is available to me and for some reason that fails. So naturally the next step will be to perform a Factory Reset. Before I do this, does anyone think that I could be missing something relatively simple? It's not in Airplane mode.

No, I'll have a look at that, just in the process of backing up my photo's from the weekend in preparation for the factory reset. Also been suggested to me that the 2G Radio/Modem might be faulty. It's a Z3 so it'll be covered by the Manufacturers warranty if it comes to it.

This is now resolved for those of you that are interested, little bit of history, I bought it last Friday, just over a week ago from CEX as "Mint" condition, so it was basically brand new. Took it my local CEX today who took it in to replicate the problem and duly informed me within a couple of minutes that it had been reported stolen. So basically someone who has poor thinking skills and doesn't consider the consequences of their actions probably decided to take a contract out on a new phone, sold it to CEX for £200 or what it was, then went for double jeapordy and reported it stolen to get an insurance payout. (This is the probable scenario.) They'll get a horrible fright when they get charged with insurance fraud!

• 3 weeks later...

"backing up my photos".

It is 2015 :)

Some people, as mad as it may seem to you, don't want to automatically back up their personal shit into the cloud. Maybe he likes to take or is sent the odd naughty pic and has used his noggin and turned auto back up off, such as I have.

Seriously, not everybody wants their shit strewn across random servers worldwide. Or worse, in the public domain. We all KNOW we can back up automatically, we are 21st century fellows. We simply choose not to do so.

"backing up my photos".

It is 2015 :)

Some people, as mad as it may seem to you, don't want to automatically back up their personal shit into the cloud. Maybe he likes to take or is sent the odd naughty pic and has used his noggin and turned auto back up off, such as I have.

Seriously, not everybody wants their shit strewn across random servers worldwide. Or worse, in the public domain. We all KNOW we can back up automatically, we are 21st century fellows. We simply choose not to do so.

It was a joke I made 19 days ago, in which I even included a smiley in to make it clear that it was a joke.

Â