Tickets

Mic09

How do you think the ticket system will work? I was totally unable to even look into the ticket situation for our last trip there, but are there any rules that you have to fulfill in order to go to Wembley?

I have been to 5-6 home games this season, 2 of them FA Cup. Does anyone know what to do in order to secure a place?

I think those who have attended the previous cup games and then ST holders are prioritised. Then the rest will be first come, first serve.

Ive heard (although it could be rbbish) you have to have been to 3 FA cup games. Does anyone know anything about this?

The title needs to be "when we go to wembley"...I'll be first in line for a ticket, ooosh.  Last time we went to wembley brings back so many memories, such a good time even though we lost.

• Make sure you have all your previous history on your own client ref
  • We would have about as many tickets for the semi as for this round so expect similar selling arrangements
  • Decide who you are sitting with and work out which of you has the weakest booking history as that tells you when you can buy
  • If we win after a replay, the club will have to sell and deliver the tickets in just over a week so pay attention to the announcements

It will be season ticket holders first. They haven't introduced cup games attended as yet in any previous round.

I'll have been to 3 cup games and 6 league games and I'm sweating it big time.

Let's worry about that after Saturday!

Well I remember they started to set up a loyalty point system based on a more long term history but it never came into play. Be interesting to see what they do this time but as said above, let's wait till we get there first.

How do you think the ticket system will work? I was totally unable to even look into the ticket situation for our last trip there, but are there any rules that you have to fulfill in order to go to Wembley?

I have been to 5-6 home games this season, 2 of them FA Cup. Does anyone know what to do in order to secure a place?

See Isa's Avtar!

I guess the daily order will be something like:

Season ticket holders in the cup scheme.

Season ticket holders who have attended cup matches.

Season ticket holders.

Half season ticket holders.

Fans who have attended league/cup games this season starting with a full attendance record and working down on the number of games missed by say 2  games a day until our allocation runs out. 

The club cannot hope to please everyone and it will be worse when we make the final. But I suspect our best bet would be if we play say Blackburn in the SF and Bradford in the Final because I think the number of seats given may well be linked to average attendance and for no other reason.  :) (honest!!) 

Please lets not talk about it yet! Bad luck to. Lets focus on a massive game on Saturday first.

Talking about ticket allocation cannot effect the results of a game. Please don't try and stop other people discussing something because you believe in magic thinking. You are free to ignore the thread.

• Like 4

I remember the Chelsea semi final in 2010, the ticket sales were staggered but still ended up going to anyone with a booking history. We only just filled the allocation IIRC.

That was in the 'feel good' O'Neill years as well, when we were...you know, good and stuff

Please lets not talk about it yet! Bad luck to. Lets focus on a massive game on Saturday first.

Talking about ticket allocation cannot effect the results of a game. Please don't try and stop other people discussing something because you believe in magic thinking. You are free to ignore the thread.

Nor can it affect the result of a game* :)

*clearly that's the job of m'lucky undercrackers, kitten sacrifices and precise pre-match quantity of ale and half time food selection.

Anyway, tickets. If there's a replay, then it'll be chaos because the replay will be a just before the semi,leaving about 4 days to sell 35,000 tickets as neither club wants a replay on a monday (after a weekend league game) and mid week is out because televised domestic games are not permitted to clash with stupid Champions league dates.

Yeah I remeber that Ed , I managed to get a ticket for that battering !

The real battering was a month earlier at Stamford Bridge, which I also went to.

This was just a 3-0 coast for Chelsea, a second disappointing trip to Wembley in a couple of months.

One of our best seasons in recent memory and still bitterly disappointing. Who'd be a Villa fan

• Like 1

I remember the Chelsea semi final in 2010, the ticket sales were staggered but still ended up going to anyone with a booking history. We only just filled the allocation IIRC.

That was in the 'feel good' O'Neill years as well, when we were...you know, good and stuff

Yeah i think sales were slow because we had only recently gone to Wembley for the League Cup. Its an expensive day out. I think tickets for the semi final would sell out fast this time round.

We didn't fill our allocation IIRC - was right up in the gods and there were loads of empty seats around

Â