James Maddison

Villan4Life

Meant to be the next best thing!! Few of my mates who are Coventry fans are raving on about the kid! 

Could be worth watching his development!

He's 18 now and played 3 times for Coventry and scored 1,

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Always goes to the keeper's left on a pen.

Sussed already.

Cov will probably get a couple of hundred £k in compo for him when the big teams come sniffing.

Watching that, and seeing how long a kid is with a club before any real payoff is gained, makes it seem even more galling that clubs can just come in a steal them away.

CoughArsenalcough

• 2 months later...

No direct links yet on Daily Mirror website but as reported in Summer Transfer thread

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4725616,00.html

Daily Mirror: West Brom and Aston Villa are eyeing Coventry kid James Maddison. The 18-year-old midfielder has established a bright reputation at League One Coventry and top-flight neighbours Albion and Villa have been impressed during recent scouting trips

• 4 years later...
On 05/03/2015 at 11:02, Villan4Life said:

Meant to be the next best thing!! Few of my mates who are Coventry fans are raving on about the kid! 

Could be worth watching his development!

He's 18 now and played 3 times for Coventry and scored 1,

He has finally made the England squad when James Maddison was 18 i went to watch him week or so after this post and thought  this is real deal!

Absolute baller 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Brilliant spot there V4life.

I first heard of him at Coventry but halfway through 15-16 season. Remember Norwich signing him but sent him on loan to Aberdeen, took him about 18 months to break into Norwich team so he's had to work to get to where he is. Fully deserves his England call up does "Madderz";)

I always used to confuse him with Marcus Maddison who plays for Peterborough. Always surprised me he's never got a chance in the championship.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brilliant spot there V4life.

I first heard of him at Coventry but halfway through 15-16 season. Remember Norwich signing him but sent him on loan to Aberdeen, took him about 18 months to break into Norwich team so he's had to work to get to where he is. Fully deserves his England call up.

I always used to confuse him with Marcus Maddison who plays for Peterborough. Always surprised me he's never got a chance in the championship.

Thanks Chris mate! some other good prospects  at Coventry currently like:- Zain Westbrooke but he has absolutely nowhere near the potential of Maddison. And Westbrooke is 23 he used be in Chelsea & Brentford Academy before joining Coventry. He's good player though.

Edited by Villan4Life

21 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't know what it is but for as long as I've been supporting this club we've been atrocious at signing the best 'local' talent.

Not been great at picking up foreign talents either.

Really hope both the scouting and youth development department is getting a much needed revamp 

Â