AVR#112 an Aston Villa podcast. Villa lose again ahead of Ollybuyiun double header

The_Rev

MARCH 2, 2015

Aston Villa Review: Episode 112 - Villa beaten ahead of Albion double-header
Aston Villa posted their seventh consecutive Premier League defeat on Saturday and the signs do not read well for Villa supporters. A 1-0 loss at Newcastle United was marked by small improvements in attitude and attacking intent but a lack of quality and an inability to overcome even the smallest knock-back spell big problems for Tim Sherwood's team.

In this week's show Chris and Steve review Villa's latest loss and ask whether the clear but minute positives will be too little, too late. We also put our stake in the ground in the Aston Villa Blame Game and look ahead to two fixtures against West Bromwich Albion in a matter of days. Villa face Albion in league and cup but the timing couldn't be worse.

Please note that for personal reasons this is the last AVR until after the Swansea City match later this month.

Link to episode page

Link to mp3 file

• 3 weeks later...

Ah its annoying how they haven't done a review since the before the baggies games. Sooooo much has happened and its all been positive. They picked a bad time to have a break from doing the reviews haha.

• Like 1

Ah its annoying how they haven't done a review since the before the baggies games. Sooooo much has happened and its all been positive. They picked a bad time to have a break from doing the reviews haha.

Chris is out of the country at the moment.  

If his absence from these shores is in any way related to our good form then I'll petition to have him deported the moment his plane lands back in Blighty. :lol:

• Like 2

The next show will probably be about 30 seconds long because they've got nothing to whinge about.

On the contrary. Under our old manager, there was little room for anything but whinging. At least there is now something positive to talk about.

The next show will probably be about 30 seconds long because they've got nothing to whinge about.

I think thats exceptionally harsh.

Personally I have found them to be balanced and objective. Lambert and the team ultimately deserved the kickings that they were handing out,

I expect the tone of the new episode when they eventually get their fingers out and record it to be very very different - especially if we do the business against Swansea.

Chris is out of the country at the moment.  

If his absence from these shores is in any way related to our good form then I'll petition to have him deported the moment his plane lands back in Blighty. :lol:

Errr...

Â