Might as well dream...

Dodgyknees

We stay up - just, with 34 points on the board. Five days after the season, Lerner announces he has sold the club to a Qatari group. They come in and say there is a 'lot of money to spend, and Aston Villa will compete at the top.'

You're appointed as scout for Tim Sherwood, as he starts his first full season in charge with 50m in his pocket.

Who do you suggest we sign?

• Like 1

We stay up - just, with 34 points on the board. Five days after the season, Lerner announces he has sold the club to a Qatari group. They come in and say there is a 'lot of money to spend, and Aston Villa will compete at the top.'

And there's no such thing as UEFA FFP or Premier League FFP.

You're appointed as scout for Tim Sherwood, as he starts his first full season in charge with 50m in his pocket.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Didn't mention the FA Cup win either.

• Like 1

Fixed.

We can spend 50m.

Can't boost the wages by more than £4m a season unless gate receipts and sponsorship deals grow too though. 

With Vlaar and Bent's wages gone, and if we can get rid of N'Zogbia and Given, we will be ok wage wise.

But this thread isn't about FFP, we have enough of those.

It does say dream in the title you pessimistic lot!

Genuine question to those that know our ratio turnover to FFP, 

Now that the latest books are on show, how much can we rightfully spend without being sanctioned to comply or die?

Sam Allardyce
  • Like 1

The first thing I would say is where is the rest of the money because we will need a great deal more of that "lot of money" to compete at the top.

We can forget about FFP because our new owners will find us someone to pay £200m to have naming rights for the Holte End refreshment kiosks.

So I would spend my first £50m and some spare change on bringing in Ross Barkley, Gary Cahill, James Milner, Raheem Sterling and Saido Berahino.      

We can forget about FFP because our new owners will find us someone to pay £200m to have naming rights for the Holte End refreshment kiosks.

Well no, not really. PSG's sponsorship deal with the QTA failed the UEFA fair value test. Laurent Blanc has been moaning about how they've been impacted by sanctions.

You can't just sponsor a shit, under achieving football club, who have won nothing for pushing twenty years, to the tune of £200M and claim fair value.

JAY-sus. Answer the frickin OP's damn question ...

for starters ...

Fast, precise, creative, scores some goals ...

2014_2015_42088_500080.jpg

Unlike Beneteke, this fast forward can actually hit the net ... and be ONSIDE ...

2014_2015_26704_500015.jpg

A menace, a finisher, a tricky handful on corners ...

Ricardo_Goulart_Photo.jpg

My fave but probably too pricey ... can you imagine our counter-attacks????????

Pierre_Emerick_Aubameyang_2014.jpg

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

If we do get taken over it'll be interesting to see if they keep Sherwood, I wonder what he makes of all the uncertainty? If he is still around I suppose we'll be linked to a few Tottenham players.

So I would spend my first £50m and some spare change on bringing in Ross Barkley, Gary Cahill, James Milner, Raheem Sterling and Saido Berahino.      

You forgot to mention Wroy. A very English selection, no? What's the deal?

I doubt £50m would buy us two of those players, let alone the whole list.

I doubt £50m would buy us two of those players, let alone the whole list.

I like Berahino -- who doesn't? -- but I feel Sterling is overrated. Not all that impressed with Barkley. Cahill getting old -- would be too pricey, too.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

I would end up recommending my Fifa Team, 

Sherman Cardenas (plays with Juan Pablo Angel)

Andy Najar (dunno who he is)

Ayhan

Kevin de Bryne

Jetro Willems

Zivkovic 
Martial (Monaco)

I would end up recommending my Fifa Team, 

Sherman Cardenas (plays with Juan Pablo Angel)

Andy Najar (dunno who he is)

Ayhan

Kevin de Bryne

Jetro Willems

Zivkovic 

Martial (Monaco)

Nice! 

Kevin de Bryne  :thumb: 

Â