PC Gaming

kidlewis

I've searche'd for a topic but doesn't appear to be one. Closest thing is the Steam thread.

This is for PC gamers to share tags add friends on Steam, Origin and other gaming clients and maybe play games online together and discuss general PC components etc.

I will list my PC spec when I am at the machine tomorrow evening.

Currently playing shadow of Mordor and Fifa 15.

Dying light will be my next purchase if anyone fancies co op.

I have other games too like war hammer, sanctum 2 and battlefield 4 if anyone fancies a game.

I dont like to stress the fact that the PC rocks, but it jus does,So, for all you PC users out there, feel free to come in and post, my PC is a good one, but here is how it goes
1. post message in the room 
2. LOOK IT OVER 
3. dont report anything, i might get in trouble  :) 
and 4. Have fun!!!

I did itz 'cos dem console thread and actual game threads only talk about people playing them on consoles. 

Thought the best thing would be to create a PC thread instead to group it together. 

Steam ID: kid lewis (with space in middle)

Origin ID: k1dlew15

I have a mic, teamspeak etc if required. 

Spec is mid range:

i5 3330 3.0GHZ

8GB DDR3

Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

Always been an Asus man for motherboards, for the money you can't really beat them.

I can run everything I have played so far full tilt and maintain a good frame rate. Issue is I now have to install on SATA drive which I think with newer beefier games is going to cause me issues. 

With SSD still at about £1.20 per gig, can't get one big enough at the moment. 

has anyone got a Haswell setup for their machine? is it worth the jump yet? usually first gen chipsets are awful. 

It's not really worth jumping to Haswell for desktop, is it?  I think the main selling point of that chip is the power management/sleep options which are definitely aimed at the laptop market.  

Has anyone played Hand of Fate? from the videos i've seen and the reviews it looks absolutely superb.

Definitely thinking of making a purchase as it's a little cheaper on Steam at the moment.

Couple of vids:

http://youtu.be/WvV5BUhnCMY

http://youtu.be/PIS6d2CC-XU

• Like 1

Probably not no, especially if you've got a good Ivy Bridge or whatever, i want to do a new build myself now and i think i'll be waiting for Skylake. I'm never really clued up on the latest parts until it comes to actually building again though.

If you are looking for good advice online before spending a not inconsiderable amount of cash then go to where the experts are. I'd recommend the NeoGaf thread when you are ready to build.   They tend to keep it very much up to date and they start a new one every few months.  It's easy to find on GAF or via Google.    The /r/buildapc subreddit is supposed to be excellent at answering specific questions too.   Unless that question is why you should never play an overlapping full back against Liverpool, in which case VillaTalk might be the forum of choice. :D

Has anyone played Hand of Fate? from the videos i've seen and the reviews it looks absolutely superb.

Definitely thinking of making a purchase as it's a little cheaper on Steam at the moment.

I quite like the look of that, very tempted.

I quite like the look of that, very tempted.

Just noticed it came out on the PS4 yesterday. So i'm downloading it as I type this  :D

Probably not no, especially if you've got a good Ivy Bridge or whatever, i want to do a new build myself now and i think i'll be waiting for Skylake. I'm never really clued up on the latest parts until it comes to actually building again though.

If you are looking for good advice online before spending a not inconsiderable amount of cash then go to where the experts are. I'd recommend the NeoGaf thread when you are ready to build.   They tend to keep it very much up to date and they start a new one every few months.  It's easy to find on GAF or via Google.    The /r/buildapc subreddit is supposed to be excellent at answering specific questions too.   Unless that question is why you should never play an overlapping full back against Liverpool, in which case VillaTalk might be the forum of choice. :D

Thanks but i dont really need too much help, im just saying some people are so up to date with parts and the only time i ever am is when im building a new rig  ;)

• 2 months later...

Picked up Age of Empires 1 & 2 with expansion packs, plus Civ III and IV for tenner today. Some of my favourite games. Looking forward to a bit of nostalgia.

That's what i love about pc gaming. So many good deals on older games. I got Dirt showdown, Grid autosport, How to Survive and F1 2013 for under £20

• 1 year later...

Anyone got their eye on the new Nvidia series? I've got the ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080 ordered. Isn't it pretty?

1464378453873.jpg

Costs a bomb, but I shelled out a similar amount for my GTX 580, and that's done me proud for coming up to 5 years now. And now his watch is ended. :( 

Â