Carles Gil

bose

He will have his moment.

I think TS is looking for experience in the run in....maybe will introduce Gil & Grealish to stretch teams later on in a game.

In a relegation battle you need offensive players with a bit of a defensive side to their game.....after all its nip & tuck and a bit of a battle.

That bit of guile coming on late can get you over the line.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

He's unproven.

He's shown glimpses only.

He's not up to speed.

He's never really "made it" at any other club.

And, yet, I'd take him in the free role over N'Zogbia in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I see some people are saying Gil will play a part next season, not this one. He won't be here next season but wish him all the best.

I for one won't forget his goal against Bournemouth, best goal I've seen live. Thanks for the memory!

He was brought into the squad to be the creative midfielder we have been gagging for, for years. The few games he has played he has looked quality and does what it says on the tin, creates. To not use him now is just proof maybe that we never actually needed creativity and this squad can do without, or so Sherwood believes, personally I think without him we may win games which ultimately is the goal, but we will lack the spark to do it convincingly.

Well said, methinks. That's how I feel.

There are so many factors we are not privvy to.....Thats why we have a manager.

True enough. When the last game was 1-1 with minutes left, I felt bitterly angry at Sherwood's unwillingness to slot in Gil, and even though I think it's a little foolish to suggest that not putting him in was some kind of brilliant move on TS's part (which is easy to say after that very lucky if wonderful win), there certainly could be other factors at play. Considering the millions of £££££££ spent on N'Zog and Tekkers, you'd think Sherwood might simply feel obliged to see if he can get these lavishly paid men to function like their labels say they do. 

I see some people are saying Gil will play a part next season, not this one. He won't be here next season but wish him all the best.

I for one won't forget his goal against Bournemouth, best goal I've seen live. Thanks for the memory!

Erm... Wut?

Erm... Wut?

Which bit?

If all of it, I really can't be arsed to explain.

He won't leave. I think Sherwood wants something more from him and until he proves it in training he probably won't play him. At least he's on the bench I guess. Still after three subs I would have thought he'd be one of them. Let's see if he plays in the cup. I don't see games at.the ground but does he work hard off the ball? On TV it seemed he did.. Hard to tell though. Where zoggy played is where Gil should play... Not out wide

does he work hard off the ball? 

Interesting Topic for many of our players.

I think this is where TS will be working , not just the more obvious places.

Edited by TRO

I actually think he would be less effective as a number 10 or even at the tip of the diamond, because its more likely he will be crowded out. I think he will have more of an impact from the left hand side where his full back has to decide whether to follow him inside or not.

His problem is that I don't think he is ready for the defensive side of the game yet, so I don't think he will play in the league. Saying that though, I don't think Grealish is great defensively, but he got on the other night.

He might get a game on Saturday, but then Sinclair is probably ready to come back in, Gabby and Benteke will both want to continue where they left off (and Sherwood will want them to), and Nzog seems to be flavour of the month, so you struggle to see where he's going to fit in.

He's probably going to have to come on from the bench and really show something to get a place in the team before the end of this season.

You think he's going to leave?

He left his home for first team football, he came here did excellent and gets dropped. What would you do?

Probably consider the fact that I'm a few months into a multi year contract, knuckle down and win my place back.

10 games to go in the league anyway buddy.

• Like 4

I think he's shown enough to get in the team already, and I think Sinclair has to. I just hope Gabby carries on his form from Tuesday, because I honestly don't think he deserved to be in the squad up until then.

He left his home for first team football, he came here did excellent and gets dropped. What would you do?
Probably consider the fact that I'm a few months into a multi year contract, knuckle down and win my place back.

But his former club have a buy back clause I hope he doesn't persuade them to take it.

Edited by TreeVillan

I think he's shown enough to get in the team already, and I think Sinclair has to. I just hope Gabby carries on his form from Tuesday, because I honestly don't think he deserved to be in the squad up until then.

But his former club have a buy back clause I hope he doesn't persuade them to take it.

That clause is only if another team bids for him.

Sherwood probably just wants to show even the likes of Nzogbia that everyone has a clean slate.. and rightfully so. He may found a reason to try and lift Carles game more as well by doing so. We dont know the ins and outs. I just hope Sherwood doesnt freeze him out.. as hes way better than anything we have. Too early to tell.. i would think Gil and Grealish would start on the weekend.. but who knows. 

Do my best to prove to the manager i am worth a place in the team, certainly not request a transfer. 

• Like 1

I would work hard, look at the bigger picture, wait for my chance to impress and perform on the pitch.

Then again, i do have a few brain cells so that option is not for everyone.

I think TS loaded his side with Experience the other night. Im no zog fan - but I do think experience counts in a relegation run in. Wouldn't surprise me totally if Gils stay here is very short lived.

When Sherwood came here he said the slate was wiped clean for all the squad and everyone had to earn their place.

Gil clearly hasn't quite made it yet. Given his history, he was always going to have a bit of a learning curve to become effective in Premier League football, particularly a relegation dogfight.

In my view he was marked out of the game against Stoke and has to show he can overcome that sort of attention before he can get back into the first team.

Having said that, he may well be in the side tomorrow, where a bit of creativity and inspiration may come in handy.

• Like 1

Â