Carles Gil

bose

Hard to tell solely from a youtube video but he looks more creative than anything we've currently got (not hard I know) and it's the type of player we've been after so I'll be happy if it goes through.

For those who haven't seen it yet.

(The audio has been removed)

Hmmm.... looks very impressive (as do most YouTube videos) but I've discovered a flaw in the plan already.....and if I have I'm pretty sure PL managers will too. 

Watch the video.... performs stepover....goes right. Rinse and repeat. 

Not trying to be down on him because he can't fail to improve us..... but I worry he'll be sussed fairly rapidly if that is his highlight reel. 

Ashley Young did alright out repeating that trick over and over. It doesn't really matter if his marker knows he's going to do it if he still can't do anything about it when he does.

Stand a yard off him and he has to go that extra to beat his man.

Having said that, he looks quite pacy and may just have the necessary acceleration in his locker.

Watched several videos I've even gone through his last matches (not many) playing for Valencia. He played 90 minutes in their loss against Levante and I thought he was great even though most of ther play came from piattis flank. He drifts in and out and his dribbling style is similar to Coutinho. You know the stop the ball and body feint kind of dribbling. Really looking forward to this, might be a fan favorite #nopressure

Although I know next to nothing about him, it's encouraging that he's playing in La Liga, rather than the Latvian 2nd Division.

Who did we sign from the Latvian 2nd Division?

No one. It's a joke, ennit.  

• Like 4

Although I know next to nothing about him, it's encouraging that he's playing in La Liga, rather than the Latvian 2nd Division.

Who did we sign from the Latvian 2nd Division?

No one. It's a joke, ennit.

Come on now Dave, you know that jokes aren't received well on here.

(Unless they're puns of course, then they go on and on until I want to strangle my cat).

• Like 3

this is interesting. Rough google translation sorry guys.

Carles Gil Valencia will leave once the agreement reached by the club with Aston Villa for sale for 4.5 million euros, plus two others depending on objectives is officially announced in the coming hours: One if it reaches 20 matches the first year and another million if he be international with Spain. The Mestalla institution reserves 10% of a future transfer and a right to match the best possible deals that Birmingham received by him and to repurchase it at that price. This last condition, agreement between Valencia and Carles. Now the player, who has played for 17 years in school, receive a higher salary and will have a five and a half seasons at Aston Villa. Valencia with his buyout clause was 8 million and the contract was lengthened to 2016.

This is made even more exciting bu the fact they are broadcasting the first choice buy back option....in our normal deals this would be small print, if that!

• Like 2

The buyback outlined there is a lot better for us than the 10m clause mooted previously. Here they're just given the option to match the best offer we get for him - much better for us if he turns into a 25m player

• Like 2

Â