Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

think this signals the end for weimann and rightly so he has been pants for too long now

Weimann as a wide player yeah, but as a striker I rate him as a good squad player. 

Weimann's scoring record in the cups against lower league opposition is actually pretty good! So he's worth keeping around for the early shitty rounds of the domestic cups.  

But yea back on to Sinclair, I think he'd be great alongside another wide forward type which we unfortunately do not have - maybe Robinson? Benteke flanked by Sinclair and Robinson? 

Edited by Alpaywasawesome

Was he meant to be playing outwide? Just shadowed Agbonlahor and Benteke whilst Bacuna was left to either try to single handedly beat two players and put a ball in or pass it back to Vlaar.

Think he needs games to get back in the groove again. Hopeful he'll do a job for us next season.

In classic new contract style, he celebrated with his worst appearance in a Villa shirt. If he had twelve touches today, he gave the ball away with eleven. Ah well, I'm still quite happy to have him here, I think he'll be very useful to have in the squad.

I didn't think he was that disappointing today, so I'm not understanding a lot of the criticism on here.

He was much more lively than any of our other forwards imo. He was trying to get attacks moving (unlike Gabby who was lazy, Grealish who was average by his standards and Benteke who seemed to only wait for it to be whipped in via a cross).

With Burley's 9-man defence, that they seemed to have for the whole of the second half, it was going to be difficult to break them down, so I don't think Sinclair did too bad to be honest.

He'll start in when we play 4-4-2 in games next season.

I'm amused with people saying we should've sent him back. So we don't sign him, Benteke leaves, we sell Weimann and Gabby, Kozak is half broken and last played a game in 2013.

Do people realise we'd need to sign 4 forwards in that scenario.

Sinclair is a needed signing, he can chip in with goals and gives depth upfront and out wide which we need.

• Like 3

He'll start in when we play 4-4-2 in games next season.

I'm amused with people saying we should've sent him back. So we don't sign him, Benteke leaves, we sell Weimann and Gabby, Kozak is half broken and last played a game in 2013.

Do people realise we'd need to sign 4 forwards in that scenario.

Sinclair is a needed signing, he can chip in with goals and gives depth upfront and out wide which we need.

I agree with you

Amazed he didn't come on. Would be going if not for the clause

Is that a little bit of ITK or just opinion Richard?

On the face of it, he seems the type of player that would do well under an attack minded manager?

I do find it odd that he didn't get at least a sub appearance yesterday. Personally, I would have started either him or Bacuna in place of Nzogbia.

I have a feeling that Sherwood would not have bought Sinclair if he had a choice. Saying Sinclair can't play in the christmas tree formation is bull. He is an inside forward and would suit it 10x better that N'Zogbia. Notice that Grealish and N'Zogbia use most of their time on the wings, playing inside forwards. 

Sinclair would also support Benteke 10x better than grealish and N'Zogbia do. Gil would also be better than N'Zogbia in every aspect. so annoying. What is it with us and wierd managers that always find their favorites? 

• 1 month later...
Â