Mixtapes 2014

Xann

Done a CD mix of stuff picked up in 2014 and a separate classical selection for another website.

2holeo9.jpg

Sending a couple out to VTers anyway, and already sorted a swap for something that I'm after, so why not throw it open?

If you've got something you'd like to share, post it, see if you get any takers?

Chrisp, I got a smashing CD from a Welsh collector of, er, Welsh stuff. Will run you a copy.

• Like 2

Xann is that record label you can just buy it 'artist unknown' and it'll have gems on it.

I'm out and about today buying a fridge freezer and watching the football (ying n yang), but I'll put a list up later for any takers.

We play TATA STEEL today - bottom of the league versus top, so inevitably the game will be 0:0 but now we own the club we have control of the half time music. Which at the moment is all a bit Glam Rock or Henry Mancini as it has to be on cassette!

Elephant Walk by Mancini as the players come out on to the pitch got a good laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

ok I've got a couple of CD's - it'd spoil the surprise to say what's on them, but it's vaguely country funky (I know, I know, brilliant), anybody interested, drop me a PM of the address, you know the score.

• Like 1

Been a bit busy the last couple of weekends.

Will try to get mine off next week.

It does end up consuming more time than it should doesn't it?

Have to confess, mine is a little crudely done, I tried a different piece of cheapo software and it didn't work it all sound a bit muffled. So I reverted to the 'power dvd' software installed on the laptop, that made it all sound violently compressed into the middle with no volume. So I did it again just using old school straightforward windows copy and paste software and it was the best result. But no fading in our out possible - so a bit clunky.

Seat,

'intrigued' ha! ha! 

I want a full in depth written critique on every piece once you've listened to it all several times in several different locations beginning the listening experience in several different moods. Then we'll see which way the word intrigued tips!

I had a mixtape (not from this forum), that survived from the office car park to a roundabout about a mile down the road. The experience went something like:

insert.....press play.......skip........skip........skip......skipskipskip......eject.......window down.......launch.

oh i will listen to it all, people take time and effort I want to pay that back, and yours will be burned this weekend I expect it to be bouncing off a barry roundabout some time next week.

• Like 1

To be honest I just use ITunes cos it's easy, though I've got Audacity.

Had Waveburner on my old machine and that was the nuts for this sort of stuff.

Edited by Xann

I deliberately don't have i-tunes or any downloadable music accounts I have to sign up to and put card details into.

If I could instant access and possess any song I fancied on a whim, for just 59p, I'd be bankrupt by mid July.

It's all about learning to live with your addictions.

Good Lord, I don't pay for MP3s.

Not a saleable format as far as I'm concerned.

Everything is fed to the computer via an optical drive.

If something is unavailable on an uncompressed format, then I'll download for free - but I'd never put a downloaded MP3 on a mix, unless it's specifically requested.

• Like 1

Seems my CD rewriter is goosed. Not a problem, as I'll just nip round my parents and use one of their laptops. Just means it may be another week, before I get them in the post. 

Edited by dAVe80

• 2 weeks later...
Â