Given
Lowton
Vlaar
Cleverly
Herd
Grealish
Robinson

• Like 2

I don't see Lambert wanting to drop any of Vlaar, Okore or Clark so formation wise we will line up pretty much the same. Hutton will come in for Lowton and Cleverley will come in for Weimann with Delph playing further up the field behind a front two of Gabby and Benteke.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Very tough game for me, Swansea's results have been indifferent recently but they rested Bony and a few other key players and still beat Hull.

This will actually be a decent chance to see how our new possession based game works.

I think it will be backs to the wall and we'll lose 1-0.

This is a game I have started to fear. Swansea have the ability to play teams to death at home so we will need I defend very well against Bony as he is such a threat in front of goal. Hopefully Sanchez can get to work on Shelvey as he can be an influence in their middle too. Add to that the talent that people such as Dyer and Siguerson and we will be up against it.

I'd keep Vlaar, Okore and Clark in there - we had a decent shape. Much like against United, I feel we won't have much possession atall but will play to try and counter. Hopefully Christian can give Williams a tough game. Chances will be few and far between so we need some magic from the big man.

Expect to see Hutton brought back in and possibly Cleverly. Gabby will hopefully have his red rescinded giving us options with Bacuna, Nzogbia and Grealish on the bench.

Edited by roonst83

Lowton will be replaced by Hutton and Weimann by Cleverly IMO (unless Gabby is still banned!)

..................Guzan

........Okore.Vlaar.Clark

Hutton........................Cissokho

..Cleverly.Sanchez.Delph

.........Gabby.Benteke

I loved the formation against utd, 3 defenders with two wingbacks works for me. Especially with Hutton coming in for Lowton. Hopefully all the strength in defence and with Okore and Clarke playing so well we can isolate Bony, because if he doesn't score for them you have to wonder who will. The Williams Benteke battle will be interesting, but I think we're starting to see him hit top gear now so he may just edge it. I'm going for a 2-1 win with us having more of the ball than one would usually expect.

Expecting the same formation from the Utd game with a few obvious changes

-----------guzman-----------

Hutton vlaar okore Clark cissokho

----cleverley sanchez delph----

------agbonlahor benteke ----

Working on who Lambert is unlikely to drop, Guzan, Vlaar, Cissokho, Delph, Agbonlahor and Benteke are nailed on. I'd imagine Clark and Okore will keep their places, Hutton would come in and Sanchez will stay. So its whether we want more in the middle and stick Cleverly in there, or whether we go with how we played Utd and keep Weimann up front.

If it was me I'd rather have Bacuna on than Weimann or Cleverly but can't see it happening

Guzan

Hutton Okore Vlaar Clark Cissokho

Sanchez Delph

Bacuna

Benteke Gabby

Bacuna obviously being able to push more wide right or drop back, Delph could go more to the left in this case. Think it would give our midfield more flexibility and fliudity which would hopefully also mean a better link with the strikers.

Expecting a tough game, but we're slowly improving now and if Benteke can step it up a bit more he could really re-announce himself to the Premier League over the next couple of weeks. Just in time for January panic buys :(

-------------Guzan------------

----Okore---Vlaar---Clark----

Hutton---------------Cissokho

------------Sanchez-----------

------Bacuna--------Delph----

-------------------Weimann----

--------Benteke-----------------

Never been overly happy with 3 at the back. it will work for certain games but not others and none of the successful sides adopt it. I think he will go with it against Swansea though and Hutton and Cleverley will come back into the side for Lowton and either Weimann or Agbonlahor.

Against Palace at home we do not want 3-5-2 or 5-3-2

Edited by PaulC

-------------Guzan------------

----Okore---Vlaar---Clark----

Hutton---------------Cissokho

------------Sanchez-----------

------Bacuna--------Delph----

-------------------Weimann----

--------Benteke-----------------

This would be both solid and expansive.

Go 0-1 up with a bit of Benteke magic

Solid defensive play

Swansea to have around 60/65% of possesion

When Andy runs his B*****ks off for 70 mins bring on Gabby to speed up our forward play securing a second goal

0-2 away win and a Merry Xmas for everyone

Edited by Grasshopper

If we play like we did in the last game, we'll smash them. There was a certain Va Va Voom in the squad.

And for God's sake Lambert... play Bacuna more often. In the short time he was on, he set things alight!