2015 Holiday Plans

Xela

The start of December seems a good time as any to launch this annual thread.

So, what has everyone got planned for 2015?

Last couple of years have been a bit poor for me due to various reasons from buying a place of my own to good mates becoming parents and not having the time to go away.

Want to try and remedy that in 2015. Want a few more city breaks... really fancy Reykjavik and Vienna. Also Budapest in tentatively pencilled in for March. For a main holiday then Japan and/or South Korea is high on the list (again!). 

I didn't go any where new this year. It was just repeat trips to places I'd already been, it was the first time in years that I hadn't gone to at least one new place, so next year I'll be mainly going to places I've never been before (hopefully).

Anything in mind? 

France in March for my mates 30th. Kayaking, Skydiving (ill hold the bags no way am I doing that) and climbing. Not my cup of tea but should be a laugh.

In June im going on a 19 day tour of Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Brazil. Its with Travel bag. Only ever booked flights myself off Skyscanner and hotels off booking.com before as never been keen on package deals so don't know what im letting myself in for. This is a tour group costing £2999 each which is decent for what we get to see just hope we have no annoying Yanks on our tour.

Hopefully a City break in November to Istanbul or give Budapest a second chance as hated it first time I went.

Edited by donnie
  • Like 1

Should reach country number 100 in 2015 , trying to make it a goodie ... Afghanistan was my choice but mrs H is not too impressed and will probably divorce me if I go

Planning to finally get Iceland in next year and the main trip could be Panama , Cost Rica and a few other bits of Central America ( other option is all 'Stan countries ... Just need to work it out with my mate(s) )

And a few other weekend breaks here and there im sure .... Might

• Like 1

After an eventful 2014 (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Brazil and Argentina), 2015 also looks pretty good.  Planning on going to Dubai in January as the wife's cousin has invited us to house sit whilst he and his family are away.  I am not that keen on Dubai but it's free accommodation.  Planning on going to Thailand in May then off to a wedding in Goa in October.  Racking up the miles.

• Like 1

For a main holiday then Japan and/or South Korea is high on the list (again!). 

Do it!  As I never gave you that write up, the least I can do is give you advice if necessary.

2014 was more eventful than I could really afford (Germany, Brazil, Mediterranean Cruise, Japan and Korea), so this year will probably be a bit lighter.

My annual German football weekend is a cert and looking at meeting up with a few mates who are doing the Camino de Santiago hiking trail in Northern Spain.  Maybe get the initial 10 days of the hike in.  Hopefully life will allow one more break somewhere as well. 

• Like 1

I've got a couple planned for next year after this year was so good.

May - Berlin for 4 days with my football club for a 'Tour'.  Never been to Germany but I've heard good things.  

June - Out to Valencia for a week to see friends

September - Italy, most probably Rome again and then a couple of nights in Venice.  I absolutely love Rome and my mrs have never been so I'm really looking forward to this one!

October - Reykjavik for four nights where hopefully I might be able to catch the northern lights too.

Only booked the first two so far but hope to get the next two done in the coming weeks. 

Should reach country number 100 in 2015 , trying to make it a goodie ... Afghanistan was my choice but mrs H is not too impressed and will probably divorce me if I go

Planning to finally get Iceland in next year and the main trip could be Panama , Cost Rica and a few other bits of Central America ( other option is all 'Stan countries ... Just need to work it out with my mate(s) )

And a few other weekend breaks here and there im sure .... Might

Central America is absolutely up there on my bucket list. Without question. If you do go, I very much look forward to a renowned TonyH review!

• Like 1

Really want to get away in January for a week but want to go somewhere which is relatively warm and that is doable in a week. Any suggestions? I'm guessing Dubai is an option but can't afford to be spending a fortune.

Indonesia with friends in the Summer for me. Before that a trip round Portugal with my boy. Think im hitting Denmark at some point to as the Mrs is from there. Should be a good one!

Only spent a few days in Jakarta but had a blast! Its definitely an underrated city in terms of having fun. Traffic is horrendous though

Really want to get away in January for a week but want to go somewhere which is relatively warm and that is doable in a week. Any suggestions? I'm guessing Dubai is an option but can't afford to be spending a fortune.

Stock answer from me is Sharm el Sheikh! Depends on what you want? Relaxing by the pool or actually doing something?

Stock answer from me is Sharm el Sheikh! Depends on what you want? Relaxing by the pool or actually doing something?

Went there in September so am looking elsewhere for the next holiday. I really don't mind whether it's just to relax or do something beyond that. I have to say I'm not one really for the Costas and I want to get away to wind down after what will be a really hectic Christmas period so I'm not fussed about nightlife etc.

I'm off to Dubai for Christmas ... My third Christmas there

It's not for everyone but for a week long break in the warm with the kids I love it ... Nice hotels , water parks , skiing , dune Safari , fishing ....

Yeah it's all a bit OTT .... But who cares if you are enjoying it

• Like 1

Â