Rio Ferdinand hates John Terry

The_Steve

Good to know John Terry is still a scumbag

Rio Ferdinand says John Terry has never apologised to him or his brother Anton for his alleged racial abuse in a Premier League game in 2011.

Quoted in the Sun,  Rio Ferdinand said he no longer talks to Terry after the abuse Anton Ferdinand received during a match between Chelsea and QPR.

Terry was acquitted of charges of racial abuse following a trial in July 2012, but was later banned for four matches and fined £220,000 by the FA.

He then apologised for his behaviour.

QPR defender Rio Ferdinand, 35, who will face former club Manchester United on Sunday, claims in his forthcoming autobiography that the incident damaged his brother Anton's career and the subsequent court case saw him receive death threats.

"There were bullets in the post and unending racist abuse," he said.

"He (Terry) could have saved everyone a lot of pain by admitting immediately that he had used the words in the heat of the moment, but was no racist.

"I think that's probably what happened and what the truth is. Anton and I would have accepted that - instead he never gave us the chance.

"I've never actually spoken to John about the case.

"I no longer talk to him, but even three years later I find it impossible to forgive or forget the pain he put my family through."

Ferdinand added the "uncertainty and bad feeling" meant his England career was wrecked, while Terry's was able to continue.

He expressed his disappointment that England manager Roy Hodgson never asked if he would consider playing alongside Terry, despite the pair's differences off the pitch.

"John and I would have had a working relationship and it would have been fine," he added.

"But no one ever asked."

Edited by The_Steve

I guess I'm most surprised that Ferdinand is releasing another book.

He's put out  about himself so far, including 2 in the last year. I look forward to further annual instalments.

Edited by Davkaus

i think the best way to solve this is to lock John Terry and Rio Ferdinand in a room.

Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves.

8126_5.jpg

That'd still be one more man leaving than I'd be happy with.

• Like 4

Â