Sweden: Stockholm-Gothenburg

Demitri_C

My best man has told me he is considering doing my stag in one of these cities and asked my opinion on it?

Anyone been? I have been told Sweden is very expensive but other than that don't knowing about either one. Any advice on any of these two cities would be great ;-)

• Like 1

I went to Stockholm last week for 3 nights, it was great but alcohol is very expensive. It was roughly 5 or 6 quid for a smallish beer (less than a pint), if you intend on getting absolutely hammered there are probably better places to go. That said 3 nights at the Hilton in the city centre plus flights was about £270 which I thought was pretty good value. I loved the city itself though and the women are absolute top notch. You will burn through spending money but if you get a good deal on accommodation and flights then it would be worth it.

Yeah take out a mortgage before you go

I found Stockholm a bit meh if I'm honest but my next port of call after it was St Petersburg and let's face it 99% of the world is a bit meh after going there

Gothenburg is a lot more friendlier to go out in while stockholm be a bit more upmarket and expensive if your going drinking. obviously is cheap enough bars in some spots but if going out for a night its quite pricey and security are quite strict especially regarding ID.

if was a stag id recommend neither if im honest

Bratislava is hell on earth and one to avoid

Malta .. st Julian had lots of clubs and gentlemen bars ... Was also full of very pretty girls in revealing outfits .. Alas they were all about 20 and I'm 43 , but hey a man can still perv

Tallinn ... Beautiful place , top Totty and lots of bars ( head to the old town )not really done any night clubs there so can't comment on that ... Other advantage is you can take a hydro to Helsinki and do a pub crawl with a difference .. Crossing is about 90 mins

Also consider Krakow if you've not been , but the airport is a way out of town if you fly budget airlines

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Stockholm, you can drink affordably in Sodermalm.  If you drink in Gamla Stan (old town) it's going to cost you a fair whack although it is worth it to go to the Viking pub and drink mead.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

It was 14 years ago when I went but just about every person we met in Bratislava either wanted to steal money from us or fight us just because we were English.. Even going into McDonald's got me called an English rocket polisher by the Neanderthal in the queue behind me as I minded my own business

As I say maybe its changed in that time but I'm not in any hurry to find out

I really enjoyed Stockholm, you can drink affordably in Sodermalm.  If you drink in Gamla Stan (old town) it's going to cost you a fair whack although it is worth it to go to the Viking pub and drink mead.

Stureplan is even worse than Gamla Stan

Im surprised David didn't recommend Copenhagen. That where I would go if I was Demitri and friends and wanted to go to Scandinavia.

never thought about copenhagen?

whats wrong with bratislava tony?

Copenhagen is just really expensive. The boat trip is great since it is 11 hours each way but you all get a cabin for under 60 pounds

Â