Arsenal

maqroll

I tried searching for an Arsenal thread, but couldn't find one...Random Arse thoughts: Huge blow losing Giroud to injury. Other than Podolski, they don't have much at all in the way of experienced strikers. Wenger best not come in with a massive offer for Benteke!  Strange that he would enter the season without one more elite forward. I have a feeling Jack Wilshere's future lies with another club. I don't think he's good enough, especially with their stacked midfield, although Ozil needs to prove himself again after his awful first season with them. Ramsey looks like the next Gareth Bale. I wonder how far Wales could go in Euro 2016...

They really need to get a striker if they want to win the league. Campbell isn't ready to lead the line for them and even though Giroud is decent he is not good enough if they are going to win the title.

Elsewhere, they are looking quite good.

Walcott is due back in two weeks time, maybe Wenger will settle for him and Podolski/Sanogo/Campbell...but I doubt it. He's got to be trying to sign someone right now.

Must be the most frustrating club in the country to support, everyone apart from wenger can see their deficiencies, needed a bull of a midfielder for about 5/6 years now, needed a striker before giroud got injured, needs cover at the back

Buys an attacking midfielder...

All that infrastructure behind them and they have this illusion of competing, they are way off Chelsea and city

Wenger loves wilshire, he's not going anywhere.

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be so frustrated with Arsene. There's a huge difference between having the numbers and having the quality. They have went all out for Khedira and a big striker. Khedira and Balotelli were nearly done deals at different times and then they're just dead.

If they genuinely want to win the league, Arteta, Sanogo and Rosicky are not good enough.

I'm not sure their back is that weak to be honest. Koscielny and Mertesacker have developed a good understanding, and Chambers looks very good for a young third choice centre back. Monreal is perhaps the weakest of the back 4 but decent going forward. I think Debuchy was a really good signing.

They are simply lacking an out-and-out scorer without Giroud. If Giroud was playing today instead of Sanogo Arsenal would have scored 3 or 4. I think Sanogo is a decent player, but he's not capable of leading the line alone and being a teams main source of goals. 

I think Arsenal will sign a striker tomorrow, regardless of what Wenger has been saying. 

They will pay the price for not bringing Cesc back.

The last thing they need is more competition in midfield. Its at the back and up front where they are weak.

He's world class and would be the main man. He wouldn't be 'competition' he'd be the first name on the teamsheet.

They will pay the price for not bringing Cesc back.

The last thing they need is more competition in midfield. Its at the back and up front where they are weak.
He's world class and would be the main man. He wouldn't be 'competition' he'd be the first name on the teamsheet.

Exactly, Wenger is loyal to Wilshire, Rosicky and Arteta but Fabregas is on another level and it's the kind of ruthless decision that is needed. Linked to William Carvalho all summer but they won't go out and pay the money for exactly what they need.

Â