Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Given we have no or little money to spend and Lambo had a reputed budget of £10M this summer,  then 8M suggests to me there may be a sizeable player departure or two.  If its someone like Gabby and Bent and maybe Clark or Baker then thats fine.  If it is Delph or Vlaar or Benteke in the winter then thats an issue

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere,  not sure I want this to be true

Says the man who constantly moans at us for not spending money.

I think Richard wants us to spend money on proven quality, not just money for the sake of it. What the hell is your problem. Randy?

£8m is the going rate in today's market.

Tell me what more you can get for £8m this summer?

As for 'proven quality', he has about 4 years of Prem experience behind him and has played for his country.

Anderson at Man United is also proven quality then...

Proven as in can do it at the highest level, not just appearances or caps. 

He has played in a Champions league final, yeah I would say he is proven.

Anderson is proven? Maybe we should sign Fabio from Cardiff too?

One was a rotation player who made a handful of starts and released to Cardiff, the other is  player who played a major part in several trophies and played in a CL final.

Erm...

Anderson then? Much more appearances for United, must be twice the player.

Hutton, Senderos, Cissoko, Richardson, Sanchez, Cleverly, Cole. Hopefully a right winger and Grealish and Okore in too. 

Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Bennett, etc.. out. 

Pretty much an awesome squad improvement from Lambert this summer. the moment he can offer competitive wages he aquits himself superbly

Top marks

• Like 3

I'd like it on the basis that we as a club are a joke, and he is a running joke, which would therefore make it all the more sweeter should we actually turn it around and shove it right back down their glory-hunting throats.

• Like 1

Given we have no or little money to spend and Lambo had a reputed budget of £10M this summer,  then 8M suggests to me there may be a sizeable player departure or two.  If its someone like Gabby and Bent and maybe Clark or Baker then thats fine.  If it is Delph or Vlaar or Benteke in the winter then thats an issue

£8M for a player in the last year of his contract who has flattered to deceive and when we would need strengthening elsewhere,  not sure I want this to be true

I think Richard wants us to spend money on proven quality, not just money for the sake of it. What the hell is your problem. Randy?

As for 'proven quality', he has about 4 years of Prem experience behind him and has played for his country.

One was a rotation player who made a handful of starts and released to Cardiff, the other is  player who played a major part in several trophies and played in a CL final.

Erm...

You don't actually watch football do you?

• Like 1

Erm...

You don't actually watch football do you?

I do, but I don't base my opinion on appearances and caps, more what I see on the pitch. 

As you said, Cleverley is proven because he has played for Man United and also in the Champions League, same goes for Anderson who has more appearances.

Let me guess, your next answer is another insult?

What's the obsession about this mythical player holtby who has done nothing in this league for spurs or Fulham? Is it because he is German & exotic sounding ? Please can someone explain why holtby would be a better option than cleverley who may of been a bit shite last season but has proven he can perform at times for Wigan, man utd and England ?

I have never got the fascination with Holtby myself either

He looked decent for Schalke in the bundesliga but he seems the epitome of average in the premier league not much different to Cleverly

Both would be a good pickup for any midtable prem side

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I hope Vlaar isn't included in a deal here.

The fact that Villa and Hull both made similar bids, but reports are that only Villa's bid has been accepted fills me with dread.

Quite happy with Cleverley, but not at the expense of Vlaar.

• Like 2

Â