Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

he ownt play next game anyway its united. might as well rule anything out for that game as we always crumble at OT

best thing to do is keep scoreline down as it could come to GD at end of season

Thank Christ you are not the manager!

We have been playing better against United of late, getting closer. We need a performance for sure but I'm up for it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

We need three in our middle. With Westwood injured id go with Delph, Cleverly and Sanchez and ask Sanchez to sit behind the other two. Delph needs some freedom to get forward as he did against Baggies in the cup. I think we're worse without Westwood though which worries me.

• Like 1

We need three in our middle. With Westwood injured id go with Delph, Cleverly and Sanchez and ask Sanchez to sit behind the other two. Delph needs some freedom to get forward as he did against Baggies in the cup. I think we're worse without Westwood though which worries me.

I think I would agree with that. Seemingly according to Physio Room Sinclair is injured too which leaves us with eight players injured. If the return dates are correct we get Senderos, Richardson and Cissokho back in the next week or so. No return dates for Westwood and Hutton though.

Back on topic Cleverley's work rate is critical to our midfield so putting him and Delph in there is the best formation.

Sanchez is still struggling to adapt to the league so sitting him as the DM is the best position for him. Mind you if Senderos is fit I'd be tempted to put Clark in that role and stick Vlaar next to Okore with Senderos on the bench. We also have Baker available now so perhaps wait with Senderos and keep Baker on the bench.

Cleverley and Senderos back would be a bonus, Senderos is the leader and captain we need, clark could go left back  vlaar at right back bacuna sanches delpth and cleverly making the diamond with gabby and teks the front two okore stayin put.

Cleverley and Senderos back would be a bonus, Senderos is the leader and captain we need, clark could go left back  vlaar at right back bacuna sanches delpth and cleverly making the diamond with gabby and teks the front two okore stayin put.

:blink:  :o

• Like 3

Clark for me has been outstanding at cb so would be silly moving him to lb. I wouldn't change Okore and Clark, they play well together. 

• Like 1

Cleverley and Senderos back would be a bonus, Senderos is the leader and captain we need, clark could go left back vlaar at right back bacuna sanches delpth and cleverly making the diamond with gabby and teks the front two okore stayin put.

Clark for me has been outstanding at cb so would be silly moving him to lb. I wouldn't change Okore and Clark, they play well together.

I agree Paul, but since we're so strong at CB, and yet weak at LB.... would we be better off as a whole if Clark played LB and two of Vlaar/Okore/Senderos CB?

I thought Baker did quite well at LB against United too.

Oh, and we need Tom back asap to play a two man midfield.

Edited by AVTuco

I wouldn't move Clark because for me he's been our best defender this season. Lowton has done quite well at left back. We have won 3 games with him playing there, thats a lot better than before he played there, so I would stick with him. 

• Like 1

I know what you mean Paul, but I'd be much more confortable with Vlaar in there than Lowton.

Someone said in the pre match thread that Cleverley is out still. If true, that is a big blow to us. Sherwood needs to decide whether to change the formation because of it. Sanchez isn't good enough in a two man midfield.

Â