Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't pay anything more than £4m for him given the contract situation. The manager also needs to accept what he is and never give him any sort of offensive role again, he offers nothing on the ball.

I'm going to be honest, I haven't seen much of Cleverley before he came to us. I actually prefer watching other leagues for what its worth. Anyway, What is it that Cleverley did at United that he isn't doing here? Or, Is he just not very good?

Edited by sexbelowsound

From what I saw of him not a lot is different, he kept the ball, passed it to better players, gave them an out ball, was a very simple player IMO like an enabler, enables the better players to play, almost I suppose like what biscuits does at barca (but without the world class off the ball stuff) gets it, gives it, rinse and repeat

Problem is here he has Westwood who is exactly the same and then there aren't better players who can play off him

• Like 2

Anyway, What is it that Cleverley did at United that he isn't doing here? Or, Is he just not very good?

That's just it, he wasn't a creative player at United either which is why they dropped him to a deeper role in the end.

Anyway, What is it that Cleverley did at United that he isn't doing here? Or, Is he just not very good?

That's just it, he wasn't a creative player at United either which is why they dropped him to a deeper role in the end.

That does worry me. I'd question whether Lambert has any intention of bringing in a proper creative midfielder. I hope i'm wrong. We've been linked with plenty it just seems to be the one that never comes off.

• Like 1

That does worry me. I'd question whether Lambert has any intention of bringing in a proper creative midfielder. I hope i'm wrong. We've been linked with plenty it just seems to be the one that never comes off.

Under Martinez at Wigan he was very creative, played further forward - or at least appeared to be.

Â