Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Tidy and works hard, but less influential than his stats might tend to suggest. As others have said, he doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. He is a useful player if he has better players to give the ball to that will make things happen, he doesn't seem to be able to do it himself.

Yep, I'd agree with that having seen him live a few times now. He's not a terrible player by any means as he passes quite well and works hard. But at the same time you can see why it never quite happened at United as on quite a few occasions he was a step behind in thought of when to pass it or latch onto a flick. Certainly compare him and Westwood to Barkley and McCarthy and there was a huge gulf there.

I'm fine having him in the team...but the thought of losing Delph on a free, signing Cleverley for 7m and then repacking him as some sort of Delph replacement dosen't sit well with me.

As we saw today our midfield lacks pace and drive that Delph provides and Everton just passed for fun around us all day.

Honestly, I don't see Delph making any difference if he played today. He's not that creative either.

And yes, I agree with you guys that better, or more mobile and intelligent, players up front would help Cleverly, as they would help our midfield in general. I'm not happy with the level our midfield is playing at the moment. By all accounts we should have a decent midfield on paper. Somehow it doesn't translate into a good performance on the pitch. I think it is because of what you guys are suggesting: we don't have the mobility or intelligence up front. We really need Benteke at his best, but that alone won't save us. Gabby or Andi has to step up aswell.

Delph's energy would've at least helped in closing down Barry and McCarthy as they passed it around us for fun all afternoon.

Still don't see anything aside a work horse

Yes, he works very hard off the ball and is tidy enough on it but I can't see him offering much more than El-Ahmadi offensively. If anything, he'd be better taking Westwood's place at DM as he is far superior defensively.

• Like 1

I think that if he's really going to cost us £8m+ then we'd be better off spending that on someone with creativity and a forward pass.

It would be better to spend 8 mil on a striker or forward  who scores goals.  We have only got one of these, and he is just back from a major injury. I will be surprised if Gabby, Weimann, Bent and Kozak (when fit again) will get more than 15 combined. If Benteke only gets 10-15, we will have to rely on our midfield to chip in. And players like Cleverley, Delph, and Westwood don't score many.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Cleverly has impressed me - I would definately be looking to sign him on a permanent deal if possible - class act in my opinion .

considering its takes time for a player to truly settle into a new team im inclined to agree.

Cleverly has impressed me - I would definately be looking to sign him on a permanent deal if possible - class act in my opinion .

He is easily good enough for our midfield. I know all about Delph's work rate and forward runs and Westwood's calm collection and distrubition, but I have yet to see them stamp their authority on any game.

Also, will Cleverly even want to stay?

Why does he have to be better than someone? Why can't we appreciate them both as good players? Never understood praise at the expense of other players personally.

Sometimes it's good to state who is better so we know the level of players and effectiveness required at this level. Opposed to settling for anybody. i.e if we brought remy and played him where gabby tries play so non effectively we would all point out who is better

It wasn't a attack westwood for the record

Â