McLeish

chappy

I know of people who have met Mcleish and as The Rev says he is a decent bloke. The less said about his managerial ability the better.

I wonder if he will play his dutch style attacking 4-3-3 as he did at Villa.  ;)

I find myself torn over McLeish.  One one hand he was the shittest manager we ever had (certainly in my time as a fan which goes back to the days of David Platt and GTmk1) but on the other, I've met him and he appears to be the nicest man in the entire world.  Glad he is gone from Villa, don't wish him any ill in the future. I hope he does well at Genk. 

Not met him myself, but quite a few people who have say the same as you. But apparently it's okay to insult him personally because he had an unfortunate time as a manager.

I don't want him to succeed there not out of bitterness but purely because I want to see the kind of "football" his teams play eradicated from the game, or at least the top level anyway.

Anyway, if he did do well there and got his career back on track (a bit like McClaren did with Twente) his friends in the media would be out in full-force again pushing the same old lies - "he wasn't accepted at Villa because of where he came from etc".

Â