Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I expect Villa Park to be absolutely buzzing for this one. Newcastle will be a bigger test than that awful Stoke performance was, but if Lambert gets his team selection right, I think we could end up with another 3 points.

Changes to the starting lineup that I'd make:

Sit CNZ for Grealish

Sit Gabby for Bent

Sit Westwood for Sanchez

• Like 2

Yes, I think moving Andi up top i necessary. The guy works hard, but he is a forward at the end of the day and does his best work inside the 18 yard box.

I would bring Sanchez in for Gabby and move Delph into a more adcanced role, with Richardson going wide. Charlie, Richardson and Delph making runs centrally, should hopefully give us a bit in midfield, especially if our full backs can push on.

_____________________Guzan___________________

__Hutton___Senderos__________Vlaar____Cissokho__
___________________Sanchez___________________

_________Westy________________Delph__________
__N'Zogbia_________________________Richardson__
___________________Weimann___________________

• Like 2

I'll be interested in what the attendance will be.  Obviously ST sales will have been massively down but the pull of a positive start and some impressive signings may see a lot of extra people go.

• Like 1

Newcastle looked good against city and Cabella looks like a great signing so I hope sanchez is fit enough to start.

A bit controversial maybe but would it be wise to start Okore to match the pace they have going forward.  Senderos was excellent against stoke but I could see Newcastle causing real problems when attacking us.

• Like 1

Newcastle looked good against city and Cabella looks like a great signing so I hope sanchez is fit enough to start.

A bit controversial maybe but would it be wise to start Okore to match the pace they have going forward.  Senderos was excellent against stoke but I could see Newcastle causing real problems when attacking us.

Would not change the back four.

• Like 1

Not sure if i like the sound of westwood, delph and sanchez all playing, if we want to score some goals this year we need some more attacking options.

You can't grind out 1-0 wins every week.

Couldn't agree more. If Sanchez plays Westwood needs to be dropped. We have to play with an attacking midfield player otherwise our home games will look as bad as they did last year.

• Like 1

I remember the Newcastle game last season and what a huge disappointment that was,  especially with Okore's injury.

I hope this one has no such disappointments.  Good team Newcastle annoyingly enough

I'd take a draw and no injuries and a positive performance from Sanchez

• Like 3

We should be aiming for max points from our home games

Newcastle are not Barcelona and i expect us not to treat them with too much respect

Go out attack them we are the home team games like this will be a yardstick on how much we have progressed since last season

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2