Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

He has improved in the last few games for me although he still has this bizarre 5 minute spells of just constantly passing to the opposition.

Still he's worth perserving with. Also worth remembering without him we're a very small team in midfield so at least he has a bit of height and strength. Rest of his game is still a work in progress.

Cleverley and Westwood are the two most composed players in our whole squad.

not overly fussed about either of them.....a bit lightweight for me.

they don't weigh in with enough attacking threat and are not exactly the epitome of a defensive colossus either.

both a bit nondescript for me.

.......most composed....probably Ron Vlaar for me

Edited by TRO

Looks like Reo-Coker with a afro. Can't pass.

The strange thing is he could pass....but it was always short because he knew his limitations.....Sid Cowans or Glenn Hoddle never.

NRC could not pass long.

He still looks dodgy and does some silly things, it's quite obvious that he is gonna take a long time to settle into the Premier League.  I was glad he went off last night as he was starting to fall apart and losing the ball way too easy.  He needs to learn to play the easy ball instead of trying to do too much too soon.

He's terrific at winning the ball but it was alarming at how much he was giving it straight back in the midfield.

Maybe he just needs to be told to take the safest option every time and move the ball on once he wins it. His defensive midfield play could be absolutely vital but it's compromised because half the time he gives it straight back. I think he's alright on the ball but he doesn't think far enough ahead and runs himself into trouble.

Carlos, win ball and pass ball to teammate until you've acclimatised yourself to the Premier League please.

He's terrific at winning the ball but it was alarming at how much he was giving it straight back in the midfield.

Maybe he just needs to be told to take the safest option every time and move the ball on once he wins it. His defensive midfield play could be absolutely vital but it's compromised because half the time he gives it straight back. I think he's alright on the ball but he doesn't think far enough ahead and runs himself into trouble.

Carlos, win ball and pass ball to teammate until you've acclimatised yourself to the Premier League please.

He'll be gone by the end of the season.

Cleverley and Westwood are the two most composed players in our whole squad.

not overly fussed about either of them.....a bit lightweight for me.

they don't weigh in with enough attacking threat and are not exactly the epitome of a defensive colossus either.

both a bit nondescript for me.

.......most composed....probably Ron Vlaar for me

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that, but you were talking about composure, temperament, touch and movement in your post. And I think that's Westwood and Cleverley down to a tee, certainly touch and composure. They're both good at all of that.

The problem is they're both the same, and neither of them, as you say, are attacking enough to be relied upon to be a creator.

Sanchez reminds me of Jean Makoun. I think he has the potential to be our most 'accomplished' midfielder once he gets up to speed.

Cleverley is a slight upgrade on Westwood for me.

However, all three are too similar, as shown by the Sky stats on monday about assists and goals...

Looks like Reo-Coker with a afro. Can't pass.

The strange thing is he could pass....but it was always short because he knew his limitations.....Sid Cowans or Glenn Hoddle never.

NRC could not pass long.

It wasn't though.

NRC issue was that he thought he was a footballer, he thought he could play.

Should have just stuck to being an engine.

• Like 1

Hes done the pass of the season at VP so far this year.His pass to Hutton, i believe his first touch, was by far the best pass by a Villa player at VP this season.

He looks off the pace, and has admitted so in todays papers.Will imho be a very good player for us, and as Delphinio said, alongside Delph, and a better midfielder he will be fine.Michu maybe.

• Like 1

Getting 'up to speed' does seem to be taking forever, but as always with a Sanchez performance there's moments where you can completely see why it's worthwhile. Unfortunately we're pissing away points while he does so, though luckily it wasn't any of his mistakes that led to the equaliser. 

Â