Aly Cissokho

samjp26

bertrand is better attacker but as a defender he is very very limited while Cissokho is probably the exact opposite

Bertrand has shown this season that he is a decent defender too, he just didn't show it with us.

• 2 weeks later...

He was taken off and a starting line up CB was transferred to his place. I'd like to think the manager showed faith in Clark and rewarded him for all the good games he has played. Aly has been good, but not as good as Clark/Okore. This shows that competition is hard throughout our defense, not just between the CB's. Which can only be good.

Tottenham and Napoli interested in signing Aston Villa defender Aly Cissokho

21 December 2014 10:30 PM James Nursey

The Frenchman has impressed during his time in the Midlands, and is attracting interest despite signing a four-year deal in the summer.

Aston Villa face a battle to keep Aly Cissokho despite only signing him in the summer as Spurs and Napoli are now interested.

The French left-back has impressed at the West Midlands club with his attacking ability and inswinging crossing.

He is now on the radar of both Tottenham and Napoli who are considering January bids.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-napoli-interested-signing-aston-4850930

Edited by Isa

I hope it is true we could replace him easily with money to spare.

Whilst I back lambert in the transfer market, I think his signings have been pretty successful, he does seem to have a blind spot at full back.

Yeah we could buy two more Bennett and Lunas.

Why on earth, when it has taken us so long to find a good LB would we sell him after 6 months.

Because this time he would have good money for a replacement

We don't need a replacement. He is solid.

Yeah we could buy two more Bennett and Lunas.

Why on earth, when it has taken us so long to find a good LB would we sell him after 6 months.

Because this time he would have good money for a replacement

We don't need a replacement. He is solid.

you don't get the point, we could sell buy a replacement and have cash spare to improve elsewhere

Â