Kieran Richardson

Nabby

Guzan

Hutton Senderos Baker Richardson

N Zogbia El Ahmadi Westwood Cole

Bent Bendtner

The potential of lining up like this makes me feel a little bit sick.

Edited by a m ole

Guzan

Hutton Senderos Baker Richardson

N Zogbia El Ahmadi Westwood Cole

Bent Bendtner

The potential of lining up like this makes me feel a little bit sick.

it isn't going to happen so calm down and go have a lie down somewhere.

Do you not think he's better (if only marginally) than what we have in that position?

He can't defend and was a key member of the worst defence in the division last season. He only looked decent the few times he was played further forward.
There is a core of people making up shoddy facts the last couple of days. Richardson, according to Wikipedia played twelve times last season, so in what way was he a Key member of the worst defence? I presume he was injured to have played so little, but regardless the point remains...you're making things up. If you consider that he also played further forwards then maybe he had ten games in defence last season? At a guess. All this doesn't give me much faith in your opinion, or that you're not just another one on a mission to moan about everything. We have no money. We need experience, so that's what we're getting.

Who's to say he's being signed as a left back anyway? Maybe he's Tonev's replacement in the squad? Or being signed as a wingback?

Edited by praisedmambo

Do you not think he's better (if only marginally) than what we have in that position?

He can't defend and was a key member of the worst defence in the division last season. He only looked decent the few times he was played further forward.
There is a core of people making up shoddy facts the last couple of days. Richardson, according to Wikipedia played twelve times last season, so in what way was he a Key member of the worst defence? I presume he was injured to have played so little, but regardless the point remains...you're making things up. If you consider that he also played further forwards then maybe he had ten games in defence last season? At a guess. All this doesn't give me much faith in your opinion, or that you're not just another one on a mission to moan about everything. We have no money. We need experience, so that's what we're getting.

Who's to say he's being signed as a left back anyway? Maybe he's Tonev's replacement in the squad? Or being signed as a wingback?

I think you need to check your facts before having a go at others.

Reading the Fulham sites, there genuinly sad to see him go. They said he improved when played further up field. So it depends on what position we will actually play him in.

May I suggest that it's probably best that you get a second opinion before going around accusing people of making things up on the back of an outdated Wiki page. Thanks in advance.

syD3N59h.jpg

• Like 2

Yep

According to that site he also played 18 times at lb. So I think its fair to question his ability in that position given he played virtually half a season as part of the worst defence in the league.

• Like 1

Yep

According to that site he also played 18 times at lb. So I think its fair to question his ability in that position given he played virtually half a season as part of the worst defence in the league.

I don't think he played in defence though. He played in midfield.

Fulham fans seem to rate him but looking on the Sunderland board they seem to think he's really dreadful. I guess we just have to make up our own minds. I've got a feeling he'll help us to have a steadyish season.

I'd agree with isa, he's a rubbish left back but I think he'd be an asset if played in midfield

Which we currently don't know what he's been purchased as.

Have I missed something? We haven't purchased him, have we?

Yep

Fulham fans seem to rate him but looking on the Sunderland board they seem to think he's really dreadful. I guess we just have to make up our own minds. I've got a feeling he'll help us to have a steadyish season.

Who scored are usually pretty reliable and they had him down for 18 games as a lb

Who scored are usually pretty reliable and they had him down for 18 games as a lb

Indeed. He has played predominantly as a left-back for the past few years when Steve Bruce repositioned him there at Sunderland.

May I suggest that it's probably best that you get a second opinion before going around accusing people of making things up on the back of an outdated Wiki page. Thanks in advance. syD3N59h.jpg

Crikey. Well, who would have thought you couldn't trust Wikipedia! (Joke not serious) Well, if he only played 18 games at left back that's still only half the season. Anyway, he is a versatile player, and I'd rather have him as an option than Tonev, and I'd rather have him at left back than the two we have, plus he is experienced, plus he's meant to have a decent attitude. We have no budget, and he's 29 - a good signing IMO.

Yep

Taken from a Fulham board.

Our best player throughout most of the second half of last season when he was, at last played in his favoured position.  A serious loss I feel.

His favoured position is left wing. I know that doesn't say that he played mostly one the wing but at least it's where he's been playing most recently and impressed. I doubt we'd be signing him as a left back with Luna and Bennett still at the club unless one of them is on the way out.

Â