Kieran Richardson

Nabby

He has made a real difference in our midfield.  His energy is superb, his quality is decent, his forward runs have been wonderful and it is a real shame that most of them have been missed or passes have not quite found them.  He's missed a lot of the hype thanks to the Cleverly saga, but he is a big part of our renaissance as a team as he is a chap who plays for the team.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what his strengths are and why we keep starting him?

I fail to see what he has to offer (exept experience).

Okay, his attributes are not outstanding. But put it this way, when do you ever remember Richardson horrifically losing a personal duel?

He doesn't get dominated by the opposition. He is neat and tidy and he knows where he needs to be and what to do. He's not full of flair but he does enough for where we aren't at the moment. He has some quality but most teams we play have more and his attributes allow us to 'be in' a game.

Can anyone tell me what his strengths are and why we keep starting him?

I fail to see what he has to offer (exept experience).

Okay, his attributes are not outstanding. But put it this way, when do you ever remember Richardson horrifically losing a personal duel?

He doesn't get dominated by the opposition. He is neat and tidy and he knows where he needs to be and what to do. He's not full of flair but he does enough for where we aren't at the moment. He has some quality but most teams we play have more and his attributes allow us to 'be in' a game.

Thanks.

I agree with most of what you said exept the neat and tidy part.

It seems to me that he doesn't now which option to pick in the final third.

By this I mean that he often decides that the simple pass to the overlapping Fullback or Winger is not effective/direct enough, so he tries to float a ball behind the defence à la David Silva. They never come off.

Very frustrating imho.

• Like 1

I'm not knocking his work rate and effort he puts in. It's just when he's on the ball he is unbelievably bad. Sometimes he receives the ball and has plenty of space but panics, thus nearly always misplacing his pass. For a midfielder, a passing accuracy of 64% is simply not good enough, it's not as if he's even trying to attempt difficult passes.

I hope to be proved wrong but he doesn't look good enough to me, which surprises me because Fulham fans thought he was their best player - perhaps it shows how poor their team really was.

One of the worst technical players I've ever seen.

You not seen many players, or you don't know what technical means?

Brett Holman

Djemba Djemba

Bakke

Bowery

James Collins

Lichaj

Agathe

Boulding

Heskey

Cuellar

Reo-Coker

Harewood