Football Chairman

Dodgyknees

Anybody played this?

You build a club from scratch, appoint managers, set budgets, build the stadium, put money into coaching and youth set up. It is really quite fun! Over 20 seasons, I've taken FC Villa from the bottom to the top! :)

Edited by limpid

• 1 month later...

So addictive!

Got all the way to prem, won the league, but then got too excited in trying to make a 99 everything team and got wound up!

Downloaded the full version now so getting my teeth stuck into that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Won everything on this now.

Don't really get it though. SOme achievements are like 40 games unbeaten and go a season undefeated.

But I have 99 everything now. Squad, manager etc. Biggest stadium possible. There's nothing more I can do.

But I still don't get near those achievements.

I'm setting myself random challenges now to keep me entertained. Currently selling or releasing everyone earning over a £117k per week and trying to keep the the squad at 99. It's an effort to start making money without having to sell players every season to balance the books. My current wage budget is HUGE

I've been playing this for the last few days and I've won the Champion's League once, won the PL title in back-to-back seasons and the League Cup twice. The only thing eluding me is the bloody FA Cup! I like it because it's quite simple and addictive but I wouldn't mind if it went a little more in-depth. I'd love to decide on things like the kit designs each season, kit supplier deals, doing deals for naming rights, more detail concerning the training facilities, and maybe some small part of it away from the football pitch where you invest in other businesses and can then have another source of income that you have to balance with keeping these businesses or something like that?

I suppose that would negate the need to use your actual money to buy investment though, which isn't necessary anyway, I've found. I just put my ticket prices up to max, put the food quality and prices to max and then go into my overdraft for long periods if I have to. I haven't been ousted out yet though there have been a few times in the 40 or so years I've been Chairman where the fans have called for my head.

I'm playing Doug Ellis Simulator 2014, really, except even though I'm squeezing money out of the fans and being a bit unfair, at least it's all being pumped back into the club :P

I think they're planning more in depth stuff. But its made by 2 blokes so probably won't be quick.

It's very hard to make money in the prem I've found. As in, week to week.

I got bored so introduced a wage cap. Anyone earning more than 117k got sold or released. Nobody gets paid more than that.

Still winning the league most seasons, but still leaking money every week, despite my 125000 seated stadium!

Â