Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Great signing if he can stay fit.

I suspect one reason why he had so little game time last season may be because of the tactics of Allardyce and not solely down to injuries.

I've always wanted to try that white text trick :D

Thank god I think you are an ok guy on here Lol JK you bloody swearword hashtag squiggle unbannable cricket can't swear random words!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Perfect signing all things told. Ability wise as good as we can possibly hope for, the issues is injuries. But if he wasn't injury prone, he'd be nowhere near the Villa.

We need to work hard to keep him fit. If we can do that, I've no doubt he's the answer.

I would rather have him coming off the bench than dog shite like Sylla and Bowery. 

He has more ability on the ball and more vision than pretty much everyone in our entire squad. Obviously his fitness and injury record is a concern but this could turn out to be a decent signing.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

1 year deal!

I dunno, apparently QPR are in for him and I'd imagine their wage packet would be more lucrative, yet probable they'd only offer him 1 year. Us on the other hand will be offering lower wages but as with Senderos, likely to be a longer period of time.

I could be wrong of course, but just thinking from the perspective of Cole and his agent.

Joe Cole to join Aston Villa in shock move after being released by West Ham

Joe Cole will complete a shock move to Aston Villa on Tuesday.

The 32-year-old, who was released by West Ham, underwent a medical with the Midlands club last night and will take a pay cut to join.

The midfielder’s injury record makes him a gamble - he made just 13 starts for West Ham last season - but boss Paul Lambert is desperate to add experience and invention to his midfield and it is a risk Villa are willing to take.

Lambert is working within his tightest financial parameters after owner Randy Lerner put Villa up for sale and is looking to box clever with frees and loans this summer.

He has already brought in ex-Arsenal and Fulham defender Philippe Senderos on a free from Valencia.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/joe-cole-join-aston-villa-3667902

I dunno, apparently QPR are in for him and I'd imagine their wage packet would be more lucrative, yet probable they'd only offer him 1 year. Us on the other hand will be offering lower wages but as with Senderos, likely to be a longer period of time.

I could be wrong of course, but just thinking from the perspective of Cole and his agent.

As I said for him it makes sense.

A premier league club, a good length contract and consistent wages on a good level.

Just pray and hope it works out for the club but the last few years suggest it probably won't.

• Like 1

Well a few of my mates who support other clubs (Newcastle, Arsenal, and City) think this is a good signing for us. If cole stays fit, he could be the type of player we have been looking for. Plus this takes pressure off some younger players to produce.

Â