Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Aston Villa looking at Joe Cole as Paul Lambert tries to boost his attacking options

• Cole out of contract after second spell at West Ham
  • Injury hit 32-year-old looking for new club, had been linked with QPR
  • Lambert wants to improve squad that finished 15th, scoring just 39 goals
  •  
  • Villa boss Paul Lambert is interested in former England star Joe Cole.

The 32-year-old is a free agent following his release from West Ham, and Villa have joined the race to land the attacking midfielder.

Cole returned to Upton Park in June 2013, but made just 13 starts under Sam Allardyce leading to the Hammers manager's decision not to renew his contract.

But Lambert still feels Cole has a role to play in the Barclays Premier League and is keen to add the former Chelsea and Liverpool man to his ranks.

He has also been linked with a reunion with Harry Redknapp at newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers, while a move to Brighton had also been mooted.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2653201/Aston-Villa-looking-Joe-Cole-Paul-Lambert-tries-boost-attacking-options.html#ixzz34AqPEZqK 

Would be great if he weren't injured all the time. I'm glad we're signing a player with attacking abilities, but this is the wrong player IMO. 

In all honesty, would prefer Hoolahan. 

• Like 1

My thoughts on this: would be a shrewd signing if on a 1 year or 6 month deal. Anything more than that I would be very worried as it shows that we really aren't going to get taken over.

• Like 2

Would be great if he weren't injured all the time. I'm glad we're signing a player with attacking abilities, but this is the wrong player IMO. 

In all honesty, would prefer Hoolahan. 

There would be a fee for him though.

• Like 1

If we can keep him fit then he'll be an asset for us but his injury records suggest that's an unlikely scenario. If he's on big wages then it's not a gamble I'd personally take.

Looks like this will be our number 10/attacking midfielder.

Has been a good player but I think he's past it at prem level now and picks up injuries regularly as I don't think he played much for West Ham last year.

Another famous player we've signed a good few years too late....Schemichel, Ginola, Robbie Keane, Pires etc.

Â