Philippe Senderos

samjp26

OK everyone.... time to cut this guy some slack. It may be pre-season, it may only be MLS teams (ask Arsenal how that worked out for them) but in 2 games he looked solid and apart from one stumble against FC Dallas (that he recovered from), he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Welcome Philippe..... right now you are starting against Stoke City!

OK everyone.... time to cut this guy some slack. It may be pre-season, it may only be MLS teams (ask Arsenal how that worked out for them) but in 2 games he looked solid and apart from one stumble against FC Dallas (that he recovered from), he hasn't put a foot wrong.

No he isn't.

No he isn't.

Wow - Lambert must be eager for the season to start - he's already told  select few posters what the team is going to be - 2 whole weeks before kick-off - now THATS What I call advanced prepa :D ration -!!!!

I like having Senderos at the club if it means he is not a consistent starter. He has not looked bad in the preseason, but I still would like Okore and Vlaar together as the starting pair. Then if one of them gets injured, you can look to Senderos, Clark/Baker, and Herd. Preferably in that order.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked okay today. Wasn't tested a great deal but he looked quite calm and comfortable. I think that he'll be fine starting next to Vlaar and/or Okore, but starting next to Clark or Baker on the other hand, we'll see.

Did well today, him and Guzan were the only voices audible on the pitch. It could be his experience and organisation offers us a real asset this season.

Conversely, as much as I like Okore he is nowhere near fit. He does not appear comfortable with his knee yet, seems to have gained a few pounds and is very much feeling his way back. Again, Senderos might just buy him the time he needs to get fully fit.

• Like 2

He did look decent but he did play the first half in what must undoubtedly be the worst back four in Villa's history. It was certainly the worst back four to line up in front of me. Could be that fact that made Senderos look so good?

Â