Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Giving players time is a cliche now is it? That just about says it all.

Does it surprise you? Remember, less that two years ago we had sections of support writing benteke off as a donkey a handful of games in

Senderos would probably be a lot cheaper though. Heskey's 60k a week wages is part of what made him such a bad signing.

No, actually first and foremost it was the fact that Heskey was totally crap and offered no sort of goal-threat that made him a poor signing.

Regarding the latter, well you are certainly using it as such when you think it is relevant in this case. Senderos isn't some sort of unknown quantity at this level, he has already proven throughout his nine-year spell in this division that he isn't good enough to play in it.

What makes people think he's going to be 4th/5th choice?

The fact that vlaar and okore will be ahead of him for starters, then it'll likely be I've of Clark or Baker next, then him

Different player, different circumstance.

Every player deserves the chance to prove himself - if you won't even bother giving him the time of day before he's kicked a ball, then I suppose I just feel sorry for you.

Oh right, would you care to point out other examples of players who suddenly take a huge leap in quality at the age of 29 then?

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

he has already proven throughout his nine-year spell in this division that he isn't good enough to play in it.

And injuries withstanding the chances are he won't have to

We should be pleased we're signing average players to try and survive on the cheap yet again?

It's not just about senderos as a player. This type of signing is just the level Lerner has dropped us to. A short term gap to give us a slightly better chance of surviving while not spending much money.

We should be pleased we're signing average players to try and survive on the cheap yet again

Where did anyone say that? You're the only one who's used the word pleased in this thread that I'm aware of

• Like 1

If we sign him he's not going to be a 4th/5th choice after being quite OK in a strong Valencia team last season. Not a bad signing for a bottom dwelling team, tbh. Perhaps Lerner has finally found a way to get players to pay him for signing instead of getting wages?

Okore is still a huge unknown. He'll probably start on the bench just like last season. He only played his 3 games because Clark and Baker got injured. Okore comes from the same league that Helenius and Cornelius played in. No idea why people would expect him to be a difference making premier league defender straight away. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

If we sign him he's not going to be a 4th/5th choice after being quite OK in a strong Valencia team last season. Not a bad signing for bottom dwelling team, tbh. Perhaps Lerner has finally found a way to get players to pay him for siging instead of getting wages?

Okore is still a huge unknown. He'll probably start on the bench just like last season. He only played his 3 games because Clark and Baker got injured. Okore comes from the same league that Helenius and Cornelius played in. No idea why people would expect him to be a difference making premier league defender straight away.

So okay for Valencia that he ended up at Fulham?

Also, he played five games for valencia. FIVE

Edited by P3te

If he was going to be first.choice CB this would be an awful signing. But as backup it makes a lot of sense. We are crying out for a bit of experience and we can't exactly be too choosy about who we can get in

• Like 1

We should be pleased we're signing average players to try and survive on the cheap yet again?

It's not just about senderos as a player. This type of signing is just the level Lerner has dropped us to. A short term gap to give us a slightly better chance of surviving while not spending much money.

Who said we should be pleased?

Senderos would probably be a lot cheaper though. Heskey's 60k a week wages is part of what made him such a bad signing.

No, actually first and foremost it was the fact that Heskey was totally crap and offered no sort of goal-threat that made him a poor signing.

Regarding the latter, well you are certainly using it as such when you think it is relevant in this case. Senderos isn't some sort of unknown quantity at this level, he has already proven throughout his nine-year spell in this division that he isn't good enough to play in it.

Most signings are judged on their price tag in the end. If he was on something like 25k it wouldn't have been that bad a signing - the problem was that we were paying him big wages and we could've got a lot better. I doubt Senderos will be on much and at this present time I doubt we could do much better what with the ownership situation. He should only be backup anyway.

Just because he isn't an unknown quantity doesn't mean we shouldn't give him a chance.

What makes people think he's going to be 4th/5th choice? He started most games for Valencia.

Five games he played for them

Pretty sure your wikipedia stats are wrong.

You're right, my mistake. 7 starts 1 sub appearance. Practically ever present that

Different player, different circumstance.

Every player deserves the chance to prove himself - if you won't even bother giving him the time of day before he's kicked a ball, then I suppose I just feel sorry for you.

Oh right, would you care to point out other examples of players who suddenly take a huge leap in quality at the age of 29 then?

As I said, I feel sorry for you.

Â