Philippe Senderos

samjp26

Season tickets flying off the shelves now. What salary would he be on? Considering hes got alot of experience.. We will probably give him 30k? What a waste of money. Just promote Donacien if you cant sign anyone decent. This is a shambles.

• Like 2

The phrase 'Drop the Dead Donkey' has a new found significance for me if this did happen.

Still, we do seem more intent on comedy entertainment rather than competitive.

Saw him a few times for Fulham last season and he was beyond awful. Yea, let's take an outcast from the worst defence in the league last season. Should help improve ours shouldn't it!

Hopefully the rumour is just rubbish. But we sure seem attracted to it..

I don't think this will be that bad we certainly will have more physical strength than what we do with baker and clark. Hopefully he shocks us all

Well its shocked me, beggars can't be choosers comes to mind.

It also depends on how long he signs for. If its a 1 year deal. Stop gap signing fine. ( I doubt he will be happy with that) If he signs for 3-4 years.. then we have another lump to get off the wage bill in a few years. Randy will have learnt nothing. Please just accept the best offer and get the hell out of our club Randy.

• Like 1

As per usual, the only thing to do is give him a chance if we sign him. The usual slagging off before a ball is kicked is such a counter-productive broken record.

The same was said when we signed Heskey too. We are talking about a 29 year old here, not a youngster who might get better. The fact is that Senderos has been continually crap wherever he has played throughout his career and there is no reason why that will change now.

As per usual, the only thing to do is give him a chance if we sign him. The usual slagging off before a ball is kicked is such a counter-productive broken record.

The same was said when we signed Heskey too. We are talking about a 29 year old here, not a youngster who might get better. The fact is that Senderos has been continually crap wherever he has played throughout his career and there is no reason why that will change now.

Was it helpful?

If he comes in he's a stop gap. Okore and vlaar are first choice and Clark and Baker still have potential to be decent IMO, but we've shown this season that relying on them isn't a great idea. We've now got 5 CBS, 4 of which have a good deal of experience. Senderos as a cheap 4/5th choice is fine with me

• Like 3

And there have been plenty of others players who were written off before signing who then did ok.

It annoys me how every time somebody suggests that a player should be given time or that we should wait and see about something people automatically come back with "well the same was said about X and it turned out to be true".

Not that I'd be particularly overjoyed about this signing, but it's not as if this is some kind of new level of shitness. We've signed worse players before, even when we were doing relatively well.

• Like 1

Aston Villa under Randy Lerner.

This is the level he's dropped us to now.

what other 4th/5th choice centre backs do you reckon we should be in for who'd come to us for the pittance we're willing to pay? If the guy is first choice all season, i'll be very concerned and angry, but that's almost definitely not going to happen. He's backup, for cheap, to cover for the 2 mistake prone youngsters we were forced to play for great swathes of last season.

We've not, to the best of my knowledge, got any kids in the academy in that position ready to step up, so he's not stunting anyone's progress, while okore is back from injury and should be raring to go for august.

If we sign him, it's not exactly a great signing by any stretch - he's clearly not very good, but he's there for backup, hopefully for a season, and then he'll be on his merry way. If Okore and Vlaar stay fit I'll be amazed if the guy plays more than Holt did

• Like 1

And there have been plenty of others players who were written off before signing who then did ok.

It annoys me how every time somebody suggests that a player should be given time or that we should wait and see about something people automatically come back with "well the same was said about X and it turned out to be true".

But Heskey is a completely relevant example. As I said, we are talking about a 29 year old who has played almost exclusively in this division. Which is enough to make a judgement on his ability at this level just as it was with Heskey. Contextualisation would help next time you throw around the "give him time" cliché.

But Heskey is a completely relevant example. As I said, we are talking about a 29 year old who has played almost exclusively in this division. Which is enough to make a judgement on his ability at this level just as it was with Heskey. Contextualisation would help next time you throw around the "give him time" cliché.

Senderos would probably be a lot cheaper though. Heskey's 60k a week wages is part of what made him such a bad signing.

Giving players time is a cliche now is it? That just about says it all.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

All this takeover talk has clearly deluded a lot of fans. The situation we find ourselves in he's most definitely an improvement. Is he better than Vlaar? No. Is he better than Baker? Yes. Is he better than Okore? Possibly. So why not sign a player with plenty of premier league and international experience.

Different player, different circumstance.

Every player deserves the chance to prove himself - if you won't even bother giving him the time of day before he's kicked a ball, then I suppose I just feel sorry for you.

Â