Your Favourite Restaurants

omariqy

Apologies if I have missed a previous thread.  However, I went to Sushi Samba at the top of Heron Tower yesterday for the wifes birthday and I must say the food was outstanding.  The two stand out dishes were El Topo Sushi (Salmon, Crispy Onions and Mozzarella) and the salmon skewers with peruvian dark choc.  Flavours were amazing.  What are some of your other favourite restaurants to go to?  I'll do mine by location.

Nottingham

• Desi Express in Hyson Green - innocuous looking place but amazing food. 

London

• Tayyabs - amazing indian/pakistani grill food
  • Woodys Grill in Camden - again innocuous but the best chicken sheesh I have had
  • Royal China - best dim sum around
  • Sushi Samba - has to be up there after that

Birmingham

• Hajees - great autentic food
  • Al Faisals - as above

Edit: P.s. Szeczney was sitting next to us.  Big lad. Ridicolous other half.

• Like 1

You've got one in Brum I believe, but Bristol's San Carlo's restaurant is my favourite. Not cheap, but the fish on offer is always excellent and the menu is dictated by what's fresh and in season, rather than the other way around as it so often is.

Chung ying in china town.

Strada and dare I say it, nando's in the mailbox. Their is also a quality thai restaurant on the bottom floor of the mailbox.

The thai rainbow in Lichfield.

I love indian food but truthfully imo their is very little difference between a good one and a brilliant one. I can tell you many awful indian restaurants but their are too many good indian resturants to mention.

Edited by donnie

Shababs on the Ladypool Road, Castle Balti in Warwick and any Nandos.

Crust in Shirley is not bad. I had a go at their hot wing challenge;I'm a massive fan of chilli to the point that I have extra hot sauce with virtually every meal, but these wings were coated in a hellish inferno of chilli paste, sauce, powder and flakes that left me gasping in pain with fluid pouring from my eyes, nose and mouth. I ate one wing. It wasn't even the pain of the burn that made me stop, it was my chest constricting and my head throbbing as though a stroke was imminent.

:wacko:   And that is "not bad" how, exactly? 

• Like 1

Shababs on the Ladypool Road, Castle Balti in Warwick and any Nandos.

Crust in Shirley is not bad. I had a go at their hot wing challenge;I'm a massive fan of chilli to the point that I have extra hot sauce with virtually every meal, but these wings were coated in a hellish inferno of chilli paste, sauce, powder and flakes that left me gasping in pain with fluid pouring from my eyes, nose and mouth. I ate one wing. It wasn't even the pain of the burn that made me stop, it was my chest constricting and my head throbbing as though a stroke was imminent.

Haha! That chilli wing challenge sounds like a place called Red Dog Saloon in which I experienced something similar. I like hot food, too, but I managed half a wing before feeling exactly how you described above.

They also do something called "The Devastator" which is a Man vs Food style glutinous eating challenge.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Â